Warner Bros. International Television Production
Warner Bros. International Television Production is the international television production division of Warner Bros., first formed in 1997 to produce original programming and local adaptations to formats owned by Warner Bros. In 2009, the company rebranded and became Warner Bros. International Television Production. Currently, the division operates in 14 different countries.
Warner Bros. International Television
1st Logo (1996-2002)
Nickname: "The 2D Shield of Staleness"
Logo: On a cloudy sky background (similar to the cloud background for the 1996 Warner Home Video logo) or a sky blue BG, we see the WB shield with "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION PRODUCTION" written on its banner. The Time Warner Entertainment byline is shown below.
- There is an in-credit text variant for shows or TV movies that would say "WARNER BROS. INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION DISTRIBUTION".
- On very rare occasions, the banner would say "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION".
FX/SFX: The moving and forming clouds, or none.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show, the 1994 WBTV theme (Terror in the Mall uses the low pitched version) or none.
- It appears on Zorro: The Animated Series, The Fantastic Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor, as well as on some episodes of Code Name: Eternity on Sci-Fi Channel (now "SyFy") and the short-lived Dark Realm on the now-defunct Chiller network.
- It also appeared on the 1998 made-for-TV movie Terror in the Mall and international prints of Police Academy: The Series (U.S. airings had the Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution logo or the 2003 WBTV logo instead).
- The rare "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION" variant was only seen on the short-lived game show $pend it Fast, which hasn't been seen since WE stopped airing it in the early 2000s.
Legacy: A rather odd-looking version of the WB shield. The shield is darker than usual and it appears more two-dimensional. Also, the banner color does not blend well with the rest of the shield, and it's also positioned a bit too high on the shield.
2nd Logo (2001?-2008)
Nicknames: "The Cheap Shield", "The 2D Shield of Staleness II"
Logo: In a very cloudy background, the WB shield with the banner reading "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION" fades in and slowly zooms out.
Variant: An extended version with a byline exists, where the shield stops after a while, and the AOL Time Warner byline fades in.
FX/SFX: The clouds forming and the shield zooming out.
Availability: Very rare.
- It has made an appearance in an STS airing of Шаг за шагом, a Russian version of Step by Step.
- The logo was recently found in Вся такая внезапная.
- The extended version with the AOL byline was found on an international promo for season 2 episodes of Queer As Folk.
Warner Bros. International Television Production
1st Logo (2009-)
Nicknames: "The Cheap Shield II", "The 2D Shield of Staleness III"
Logo: We see the WB shield on a sky blue background with a slight lens flare effect, and the banner shines. The byline is also absent and as a result, the logo takes up more space on the screen.
- In BingoLotto in Sweden, a copyright stamp "TV4 AB 2016" in white is tacked on the logo.
- This logo has an in-credit variant.
- Sometimes, the in-credit logo has the text "Distributed by Warner Bros. International TV Production" underneath in the Impact font.
- An extended version can be spotted in the 7th season of SuomiLOVE, lasting 1-2 seconds more than usual. The shield is freeze-framed.
FX/SFX: The shield zooming out, shining and the lens flare moving. Designed by Winbush Immersive.
Music/Sounds: Usually, the 2003 WBTV theme, or in rare cases, none.
Availability: Currently common.
- The regular logo can be spotted on The Bachelor New Zealand, The Bachelor Australia, Game of Games, The Celebrity Apprentice Australia in Australian countries, as well as a few other shows.
- The in-credit variant has appeared on RTÉ's My Best Shot in Ireland, Suden hetki in Finland, and a few other shows.
- The logo has been used in tandem with the 3rd logo since 2020.
2nd Logo (June 1, 2018-2021)
Nicknames: "Television WB Shield", "Shield of Staleness", "Television CGI Shield"
Logo: Same as the 14th Warner Bros. Television logo, but the banner's text has been replaced by "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION PRODUCTION". There is also a trademark symbol above the banner.
FX/SFX: Same as the 14th WBTV logo.
Music/Sounds: The 2003 WBTV theme.
Availability: Rarer than the previous logo. It has been spotted on some shows, one example being All or Nothing: New Zealand All Blacks.
3rd Logo (August 16, 2020, November 29, 2021-)
Nicknames: "Television WB Shield II", "Shield of Staleness II", "Television CGI Shield II", "Television AT&T Shield", "Television Discovery Shield", "Rotating WB Shield"
Logo: Same as the 15th Warner Bros. Television opening logo, but "TELEVISION" is replaced by "INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION PRODUCTION".
- August 16, 2020, November 29, 2021-2022: "a WarnerMedia company"
- May 29, 2022-: "A WARNER BROS. DISCOVERY COMPANY"
- A version that uses the closing logo with the same changes as the main variant exists.
- Sometimes, this variant has a freeze-frame at the end, that lasts about a second.
- Interestingly, Yle Areena's print of the first episode of the 8th season of SuomiLOVE cuts the logo short. This is probably due to Yle Areena cutting live broadcasts badly.
- On Partisan, the logo is in-credit and in yellow.
FX/SFX: Same as the 15th WBTV logo. This was made by Devastudios. The sky and clouds were done using Terragen from Planetside Software.
Music/Sounds: The middle section of the 2021 Warner Bros. Pictures fanfare by Ludwig Göransson. This is essentially an extended version of the alternate Warner Bros. Television fanfare.
- Sometimes, the main 2021 Warner Bros. Television fanfare is used.
- On Partisan, it uses the ending theme of the show instead.
- First seen on Partisan as an in-credit version.
- The animated version first debuted on the Australian version of Snackmasters on Nine Network a year later.
- The version with the non-rotating shield debuted in the 1st episode of Koti Koiralle.
- Current prints of episode 3 of season 2 of Sukuni Salat have the rotating shield, but the original airing had the non-rotating shield.
- The version with the non-rotating shield can be seen in season 8 episodes of SuomiLOVE as well as the Finnish shows Rahdinmetsästäjät and Koti Koiralle.
- The Warner Bros. Discovery byline made its first appearances on episode 5 of season 6 of The Celebrity Apprentice Australia.