Warner Animation Group
|Main Logos||Logo Variations||Trailer Variations|
1st Logo (February 1, 2014-May 15, 2020)
Logo: We start with the normal 1998 Warner Bros. Pictures logo, but the shield is rendered differently and with considerably less detail. When its original animation is complete, it flips around to reveal a shield similar-looking to the standard Warner Bros. Pictures logo, but has a white border and red interior, and the letters "WB" are replaced by "WAG", while the wording on the banner reads "warner • animation • group" (later using the uppercase letters, reading "WARNER • ANIMATION • GROUP"). The banner is also lower than usual. The byline is seen below.
- February 1, 2014, September 22, 2017: "A TimeWarner Company" (with "TimeWarner" in its own custom font, called Bodoni BE Regular, while the rest of the byline is in FF Meta)
- September 23, 2016-February 10, 2017: "A "TimeWarner Company" (with "TimeWarner" in its own logo font, called Bodoni BE Regular, while the rest of the byline is in the Proxima Nova font and is smaller than the Time Warner logo). This was only used on the films Storks and The Lego Batman Movie.
- September 21, 2018-May 15, 2020: "A WARNERMEDIA Company", with "WARNERMEDIA" in its own logo font, called AT&T Aleck Sans Bold, while the rest of the byline is in the standard variation of the same font. The shadow behind "MEDIA" is not there.
- On the teaser trailer for Storks, the shield is still, smaller, and less shiny, the background is a gradient purplish-gray, and the TimeWarner byline is larger and red.
- On Storks, the logo is in a white background and the WB shield stands still at the beginning.
- Each film has a different variant of this logo, all of which can be described here.
FX/SFX: The animation of the 1998 WB logo and the shield flipping. This was done by Devastudios.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the movie. The Master and The Lego Batman Movie both feature the opening narration. Scoob! uses the 1999 Warner Bros. Pictures fanfare for the WB part and the film's opening theme ("California Love" by 2Pac ft. Dr. Dre) for the WAG part and the film's prologue.
- Can be seen on The Lego Movie (the studio's first film), its sequel The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, and its spin-offs The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie, as well as Storks, Smallfoot, and Scoob!.
- Also seen on trailers and TV spots for those films, as well as the short films The Master and Super Soozie. The Master was used to promote The Lego Ninjago Movie and was released alongside Storks in theaters, while Super Soozie was released alongside Smallfoot on home media.
- Don't expect this logo to appear on Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, as that film was produced by Warner Bros. Animation instead.
- It was last seen on the trailer and some TV spots for Tom & Jerry (2021), while the next logo made its debut on the actual movie.
Legacy: A very well known logo among fans of The Lego Movie franchise. The colors of the WAG shield are more reminiscent of how the shield appeared in Looney Tunes cartoons that were released in the 1950s.
2nd Logo (February 11, 2021-)
Logo: We start with the normal 2021 Warner Bros. Pictures logo. When its original animation is complete, the byline fades in below the shield (earlier than the normal WB logo). Then the shield flips around to reveal a shield similar-looking to the 2019 Warner Bros. shield. Like the previous logos, it has the same white border and red interior, and the letters "WB" are replaced by "WAG", but this time, it does not have the "WARNER • ANIMATION • GROUP" banner. Just like the standard WB logo, the shield then shines.
Trivia: In the end credits of Space Jam: A New Legacy, the WAG logo is seen on Granny's jersey when she's fighting with former UFC fighter and WWE superstar, "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey (archival picture from UFC), while Speedy cheers in the picture.
- February 11-July 16, 2021: "a WarnerMedia company"
- July 27, 2022-: "A WARNER BROS. DISCOVERY COMPANY"
- Sometimes, the sun appears first, then the footage of the studio lot fades in.
- On films animated in the 2:39 aspect ratio, the shield and byline are a bit smaller.
FX/SFX: The animation of the 2021 WB logo and the shield flipping. This was again done by Devastudios. Like the normal WB logo, the sky and clouds were done using Terragen from Planetside Software.
Music/Sounds: So far, the opening theme of the movie is heard.
Availability: Current. It first appeared on Tom & Jerry (2021, albeit using a variant). The normal version debuted on the Japanese trailer for Space Jam: A New Legacy and later appeared on the movie itself. The Warner Bros. Discovery byline debuted on the trailer for DC League of Super-Pets and the full version appeared on the film itself, and is expected to be seen on future WAG films.
Legacy: Considered to be an appropriate successor to the previous logo thanks to its solid CGI animation, and compared to the first logo, the WAG shield looks even more like the Looney Tunes shield.
(Mid or Late 2010s)
Logo: Three main variants of this are known:
- On a red background with a "W" in the background, we see the titular character from The Iron Giant chasing Marvin the Martian, who is beaming up a border of the shield from his flying saucer with screws flying around. We then see Tom, Jerry and Bugs Bunny in the border of the shield, with an "A" in the background. We again see the Iron Giant, with Batman from The Lego Movie franchise and Road Runner on the Giant's shoulder and Marvin the Martian in the background, and cuts to a shot of the 2016 WAG shield from the previous logo with the Giant's legs behind it and Scooby-Doo in front of the shield.
- In a background composed of various shield borders, we see Lego Batman, a 2D Bugs Bunny, young Mumble from Happy Feet, the titular character from Corpse Bride, and the Iron Giant with Lego Batman in front of it, as the WAG shield is seen in front of it, but like the second logo, it does not have the "WARNER • ANIMATION • GROUP" banner. Everything, except the shield, fades out to black.
- A variant with a slightly different concept exists. Here, the color grading is more redder and there are more characters, such as Scooby-Doo and the Justice League from the 2001 animated series of the same name.
- Various shots of a metallic red Looney Tunes-like concentric circle pattern are seen. First, we see key art from Looney Tunes: Back in Action, with Bugs Bunny centered, the Iron Giant, and key art from The Lego Movie. The WAG shield is then seen animating like the 1998 WB logo in the same pattern, which is again bannerless and has a stone texture in it.
FX/SFX: It's unknown what this logo could've looked like if animated, since only still images and model rotation GIFs (of the first variant) exist. The animation was to be handled by Reel FX Animation Studios and Nathaniel Howe Studios.
Availability: Unused. Since WAG rebranded its logo in 2021, it was never seen on any films from the company. The only way you can see this now is on the Nathaniel Howe Studios website.