Wall to Wall Media
Wall to Wall Media was a production company that was formed in 1987 by Jane Root and Alex Graham to produce shows. It was sold to Shed Media Group in 2007.
1st Logo (1987-1998)
Logo: On a black background we can see the company name which consists of the written text "WALL TO WALL" on top of the text "T•E•L•E•V•I•S•I•O•N L•T•D". Additionally, the words "A" and "PRODUCTION" may appear above and below it.
- On programmes that they co-produced with Channel 4 has its name underneath the Wall to Wall logo with "FOR" in between them and a copyright notice on the bottom.
- On programmes that they produced for BBC, the words "A" and "PRODUCTION" are absent with the BBC logo and the copyright disclaimer for the BBC appears underneath.
- On The Media Show, the background is yellow.
Music/Sounds: None or the ending theme of the show.
Availability: Rare, as programs from this period are no longer broadcast or barely preserved on home media. Appears on New Nightmares and others from the 1990's.
2nd Logo (1999-)
Logo: On a purple-red background, we see two yellow waves flashes of the two letters "W" which is actually connected together. Then as it begins shining to reveal the connected letter and swiping in, the word "wall to wall" appears fading in and below with the line underneath.
Bylines: Starting in 2008, the byline was added to the logo.
- 2008-2010: "A Shedmedia Company" in a swiping down effect.
- 2011-2015: "A Shed Media Group Company" also in the same effect.
- 2015-: "A WARNER BROS TELEVISION PRODUCTION UK COMPANY" (stacked and with the Warner Bros. shield on the left) and it fades in underneath the logo.
- An early version exists where the whole logo is in a dark purple background and the flash is different and the shine appears and the word "wall to wall" fades in a zooming effect and also no line underneath.
- On early shows with the logo, like Sex, Chips & Rock n' Roll, the text underneath the connected waves reads "wall to wall television".
- A still version exists.
- An in-credit version of this logo exists.
- It sometimes shares the screen with other logos
- Most of the time additional text can be seen below the word.
- Sometimes, the logo can be seen inside the box and the text appears underneath the box.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: None or the closing theme of the show.
- Seen on all of it's drama shows, documentaries and TV movies that they produced from 1999 onwards such as Long Lost Family, seasons 1 to 11 of New Tricks, The Girl, Who Do You Think You Are, Back in Time For..., Becoming You, Alien Words, the UK version of 500 Questions and Little Big Shots (the two shows from the US), Child Genius and Aids: The Unheard Tapes, among others.
- The in-credit version appears on some shows and movies like The Windermere Children.
- The Shed Media byline appears on its then-new seasons of its current shows as well as then-new shows until 2015.
- The Warner Bros. Television byline appears on new seasons of current shows as well as new shows such as Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star, Aids: The Unheared Tapes, and Becoming You, among others.