Village Roadshow Pictures/Logo Variations
From Audiovisual Identity Database
The Matrix franchise:
- The Matrix (1999), The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions (both 2003): The colors have been changed to a green tint and the graphics altered so they look "digitized".
- The Matrix: Resurrections (2021): This was the first movie to use the animated 2019 logo. Same as the previous three films, but the 2019 logo is used. The Matrix code is seen raining down during the animation.
Deep Blue Sea (1999):
- The logo is blue and covered up with water.
Space Cowboys (2000):
- The logo is still and is also put on a black background and in the same black & white color scheme as the first five minutes of the movie. This is the first inspiration of the 2012 version of the 1998 logo
- The logo flickers as if it was on a problematic computer screen.
Ocean's Eleven (2001):
- The logo is baby blue colored.
- The logo is in an alizarin crimson color.
Queen of the Damned (2002):
- The logo is in black & white, just like the Warner Bros. version. The background is different and features clouds. This is the second inspiration of the 2012 version of the 1998 logo, but there are clouds
Analyze That (2002):
- The logo has a sky blue (but still partly orange like the regular logo) tint.
Ghost Ship (2002):
- The logo is sepia-toned.
- The logo is covered in snow and the "V" logo has ice on it. This was done at Prologue Films.
Mystic River (2003):
- The logo is still on a black background and in black and white.
Ocean's Twelve (2004):
- The logo is black & white and put upon a multi-colored background.
House of Wax (2005):
- The logo is sepia-toned.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005):
- The logo is gold and appears from mist.
- Revealed behind the movie's Warner Bros. Pictures logo, the 'V' becomes stone and disintegrates against a flurry of hellish orange clouds.
Unaccompanied Minors (2006):
- The logo gets hit by a large pile of snow, rippling the "V" and breaking its tip. It also spins in rapidly.
Ocean's Thirteen (2007):
- The logo is steel blue and put upon a multicolored background, a combination between two previous logos.
Nights in Rodanthe (2007):
- The logo brightens up into the movie.
The Reaping (2007):
- The logo is tinted in red and is then covered by clouds. This was done by Prologue Films.
The Invasion (2007):
- The logo is skobeloff and moves differently. This was done by Prologue Films.
The Brave One (2007):
- The logo is in black & white and the background is a skyline of a city. This is the third inspiration of the 2012 version of the 1998 logo, but it uses a city as the background.
Get Smart (2008):
- Transitioning from the Warner Bros. variant, the logo appears on a spy satellite orbiting Earth.. Underneath the V are screens that show the company name, each of them flickers, with the "OADS" noticeably having a bluish tint. It then transitions to the remake of the Get Smart TV series intro, starting the movie
Speed Racer (2008):
- The logo is put on a kaleidoscope background. This was designed by Prologue Films.
Gran Torino (2008):
- The logo is gray and put upon a black background.
Where the Wild Things Are (2009):
- The logo is covered with Max's scribblings, just like the Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures versions.
Sherlock Holmes (2009):
- The logo is gray and put on a brick roadway, then the camera moves to the Silver Pictures logo. This was done by Prologue Films.
Sex and the City 2 (2010):
- The logo is done in a fashion style on a white background. Like the New Line Cinema and HBO Films logos, the logo sparkles.
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010):
- The logo is light sea green and is lit up from a spotlight with a paw on it, just like the Warner Bros. version.
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010):
- The logo is metallic and put upon a morning sky background as Noctus the Owl passes through it.
Happy Feet Two (2011):
- Nearly the same as in Ocean's Eleven, but this time, the logo is brighter.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011):
- The logo is on a page of parchment, and is revealed behind the Warner Bros. Pictures logo; this and a few other pages flip to reveal the Silver Pictures logo behind it, on another page. This was done at Prologue Films.
The Great Gatsby (2013):
- The logo is white and on an art-deco design, like the other logos.
Gangster Squad (2013):
- The logo is in black-and-white with a slight dark gold tint.
Winter's Tale (2014):
- The logo is tinted in brown.
American Sniper (2014):
- The logo is in black and white and in its 1998-2012 format.
- The logo animates faster than usual and starts when the Columbia Pictures logo's music is about to fade out.
The LEGO Movie (2014):
- The entire logo is made out of LEGO bricks and is in the same color scheme as the 1998-2012 version. After the Warner Animation Group logo, the light blue base plate, representing the sky, flips to black then the V pops up and as does the company name. Then, the logo is pulled up as the camera zooms into the black base plate, representing the background, to start the movie.
Edge of Tomorrow (2014):
- The logo has a static transition into the RatPac Entertainment logo.
San Andreas (2015):
- The logo is in silver and underwater on a black background.
Jupiter Ascending (2015):
- The entire logo (including the V and the company name) is gold and takes place on a starry background.
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015):
- The entire logo is in bloody rust red on a bloody rust background, like the Warner Bros. logo.
Collateral Beauty (2016):
- The logo is 3D and embossed on a white background like the opening credits. This variation was the inspiration for the 2019 logo.
Sully (2016) and The 15:17 to Paris (2018):
- The logo is in 3D with the V big and the company name smaller. The latter has a blueish tint to it. Both films are directed by Clint Eastwood.
The House (2017):
- The logo is lit up as colorful neon lights on a black background, like the other logos.
Fist Fight (2017):
- The logo is blue and white on a black background as it zooms in, with the V alternating between the two colors.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017):
- The logo is rusted with fire and particles as it zooms in on a dark background.
Ready Player One (2018):
- The logo is in warp-speed.