This is the vanity card of Seth MacFarlane, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, the creators of American Dad!.
(February 6, 2005-)
Logo: We see a police officer with black hair standing in front of what appears to be an animation studio (which may be the office block that Fuzzy Door Productions, another one of MacFarlane's studios, is located). The man then waves and gives a thumbs up while saying a different phrase in a heavy foreign accent. The company name is shown below, aligned to the bottom-left in the Aardvark font.
Trivia: The man in the clip is Security Officer Peña, a Venezuelan immigrant who was a security guard at the studio where Family Guy and American Dad! was produced. If you look carefully, you can see that Peña is wearing a necktie with a leopard print on it, most likely a reference to Seth MacFarlane's company, Fuzzy Door Productions.
Variants: Depending on the episode, Peña may say a different line.
- "Bye, have a beautiful time!" (this line was also spoken by a character in the American Dad! episode, "Toy Wh*rey").
- "Bye, have a great time!"
- "Buh-bye, see you soon!"
- "Have a great night!" (he simply gives a thumbs up in this variant).
- On rare occasions on airings of the series on TBS (split-screen credits only), the logo is sped up, as well as the 20th Television logo.
- An Italian version exists, where Peňa is speaking Italian instead of English.
- Starting with the episode "A Star Is Reborn", the text is now in a thinner font.
- An Adult Swim airing of the episode "Black Mystery Month" has the same font as the credits (Ad Lib) instead.
Technique: It's all live-action.
Music/Sounds: Just Peña's voice. On the episode "In Country...Club", his voice echoes, tying in with the theme of the episode's credits.
Availability: Current. Seen only on American Dad!.
Legacy: A favorite amongst fans of the series.