This is the vanity card of Matt Weitzman.
(February 6, 2005-)
Nicknames: "Security Officer Peña", "The Many Faces of Security Officer Peña"
Logo: We see a police officer with black hair standing in front of what appears to be an animation studio (It may be the office block that Fuzzy Door Productions, another one of MacFarlane's studios, is located). The man then waves and gives a thumbs up while saying "Bye, have a great time!" in a heavy foreign accent. The company name is shown below, aligned to the bottom-left.
Trivia: The man in the clip is Security Officer Peña, a Venezuelan immigrant who was a security guard at the studio where Family Guy and American Dad! was produced. If you look carefully, you can see that Peña is wearing a necktie with a leopard print on it, most likely a reference to Seth MacFarlane's company, Fuzzy Door Productions.
Variants: Depending on the episode, Peña may say a different line.
- "Bye, have a beautiful time!" (this line was also spoken by a character in the American Dad! episode, "Toy Wh*rey").
- "Bye, have a great time!"
- "Buh-bye, see you soon!"
- "Have a great night!" (he simply gives a thumbs up in this variant).
- On rare occasions on airings of the series on TBS (split-screen credits only), the logo is sped up, as well as the 20th Television logo.
- Beginning with "A Star Is Reborn", the text is now in a thinner font.
- An Adult Swim airing of the episode "Black Mystery Month" has the same font as the credits instead.
FX/SFX: It's all live-action.
Music/Sounds: Just Peña's voice. On the episode "In Country...Club", his voice echoes, tying in with the theme of the episode's credits.
Availability: Seen on American Dad!.
Editor's Note: This is a humorous logo, and is a favorite amongst fans of the series. Even though it moved onto high-definition, this logo continues to use a standard definition master as it was likely shot around that time.