The Tannenbaum Company
The Tannenbaum Company is the production company of Eric and Kim Tannenbaum, founded in 2002. Prior to that, Eric was the president of Columbia TriStar Television while Kim was senior vice president of comedy development of the studio. In 2010, the company signed a deal with CBS Studios to produce programming with the studio. In April 2018, the company later moved to Lionsgate Television for an overall deal, which was later renewed in 2021.
1st Logo (September 11, 2003-July 25, 2018)
Nickname: "Holding Hands"
Logo: On a black background, we see a picture of two hands holding together, made out of paper cut-outs, on a sunny day in a park. One of them is wearing a yellow ring (possibly a reference to company founders Eric and Kim Tannenbaum, who are married). The words "THE TANNENBAUM COMPANY" are seen below it.
- An animated version existed for the first two years of this logo's run, where the hands clasp each other as the company name wipes in and the background is shown painting itself. This was seen on The Mullets and Run of the House.
- On Young & Hungry, the logo is squished to the right with the Waffle Toaster Productions logo on the left and superimposed in the last scene of the show.
FX/SFX: None, except for what is described in the animated version.
Music/Sounds: A four-note piano flourish.
- Sometimes, the end theme plays over or none.
- On Impastor, the theme is slightly extended with eight piano notes.
- On the animated version, a five-note piano theme is heard, which sounds almost like a reversed variation of the normal theme. There are birds chirping at the end.
- Original CBS and The WB airings used a generic theme.
- Seen on The Mullets, Run of the House, Two and a Half Men, Center of the Universe, the short-lived ¡Rob!, Impastor, Young & Hungry, and the 2015 reboot of The Odd Couple.
- Despite the next logo being introduced below, this was still in use at the time, but it became fully retired in 2018 following the series finale of Young & Hungry.
Editor's Note: None.
2nd Logo (April 12, 2007-)
Nicknames: "Holding Hands Redux", "Holding Hands II"
Logo: A redone concept of the last logo. The most notable changes are that the logo now has a white background and the hands are now outlined, in addition to the box gaining a yellow border around it and a white flash appearing behind the hands. The box has also been shifted up to make room for the large text "TANNENBAUM" in black, which is sandwiched between two lines. The text "the" appears in between the top line near the left, and "company" is in the same design near the right.
- Sometimes, the logo can appear close-up.
- On We Are Men, the logo is cropped in a box on a black background and zoomed out.
- The logo sometimes shares the screen with other logos.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show or none. Original airings used a generic theme.
Availability: Was uncommon in the past, but now current.
- During its original run, this was seen on Notes from the Underbelly and We Are Men.
- Following the previous logo's retirement in 2018, it has now became much more common, appearing on some of their recent output such as The Last O.G., Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, and Home Economics, as well as Acapulco and Zoey's Extraordinary Christmas.
- Don't expect this to appear on The Moodys (American TV series), despite Eric and Kim Tannenbaum both being executive producers on the show.
Editor's Note: None.