The Kerner Entertainment Company
This is the production company of film producer Jordan Kerner.
(January 18, 2002-)
Logo: In a large black-and-white stadium (possibly based on the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) fireworks are being launched. The camera zooms out to a grandma and her grandson standing on a balcony, watching the action. It continues to zoom out through a tunnel entrance as the text
appears in a Copperplate Gothic font below.
- Starting with Charlotte's Web, the text "KERNER" is replaced with "K." However, Smurfs: The Lost Village uses the original variant.
- On the 2003 version of A Wrinkle in Time, the logo is cut to the last few seconds.
- An open matte version exists on 4:3 full-screen prints of films as well as 35mm film scan prints of post-2006 films starting with Charlotte's Web.
- Starting with Clifford the Big Red Dog, the logo was enhanced. The sky is more detailed with stars and the tunnel entrance is extended.
- Smurfs 2: The fireworks are blue, and Papa Smurf is sitting next to the grandma, and Smurfette and Clumsy Smurf are sitting next to the grandson.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog: After the logo finishes, the logo turns into a drawing on paper which turns into the opening sequence.
Technique: The fireworks and the people turning their heads, Mix of CGI and Live Action.
Music/Sounds: Usually the film's opening/closing theme plays over, but on Snow Dogs, George of the Jungle 2 and Clifford the Big Red Dog, a majestic fanfare is heard.
Availability: Common. This first appeared on Snow Dogs, and was later seen on George of the Jungle 2, Charlotte's Web, the Smurfs films, and most recently, Clifford the Big Red Dog.