The Fred Silverman Company
The Fred Silverman Company was the production company of Fred Silverman that was formed in 1987 after the renaming of InterMedia Entertainment Company.
1st Logo (February 10, 1987-April 26, 2002)
Logo: On a black background, some stylized deep carmine pink letters fade in, which are Fred Silverman's initials "FS" as reflected ala a "mirror" effect in four different directions: left, right, below left, and below right. The words "THE FRED SILVERMAN COMPANY" appear on the logo, and is chyroned in. The letters then turn red, light orange, and light yellow. The end result approximates this:
THE FRED SILVERMAN COMPANY
- There is a variant feature a slightly different color blend.
- On season 2 of We Got It Made, the words "in association with" is seen under the logo.
- A still version was used on some episodes of In the Heat of the Night as well as some episodes of seasons 3 and 4 of Jake and the Fatman and on original ABC airings of the final episode of Matlock because of split screen credits.
- A shorter version of this logo exists; it begins with the already-formed logo.
- On current HD remastered prints of In the Heat of the Night, the logo is cropped to 16:9 widescreen.
- On the final season of Diagnosis Murder, the logo is compressed horizontally and "THE FRED SILVERMAN COMPANY" is in a slightly different font.
Technique: 2D animation. None for the still version.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of a show or generic network music on NBC & CBS starting in 1994.
Music/Sounds Variant: A Hungarian-dubbed rerun of Father Dowling Mysteries season 1 episode "The Mafia Priest Mystery: Part 1" on AXN Crime had the 1986 Viacom "V of Steel" warp speed music playing over it due to a sloppy plastering job.
- Seen intact on post-1987 episodes of Matlock starting with the episode "The Convict" on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, DVD, Pluto TV, Me-TV and Decades, In The Heat of the Night on WGN America, Me-TV and This, Perry Mason TV movies on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Me-TV, Decades, and on DVD, and Diagnosis Murder on Pluto TV, Me-TV, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and on DVD.
- It also appeared on Father Dowling Mysteries on Decades and DVD and Jake and the Fatman on DVD and CBS Action UK.
- This was also seen on 2004 syndicated late night airings of Perry Mason Returns and the 1996 TV movie My Very Best Friend.
2nd Logo (September 15, 1990-January 26, 1991)
Logo: On a white background, we see the the text:
Produced in Association with
The Fred Silverman
THE SY FISCHER COMPANY
with "FS" in the same font as the previous logo.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of a show.
Availability: Rare. Seen on Piggsburg Pigs!, which aired on Fox Kids in 1990.
|The Fred Silverman Company||