This company could possibly be introducing a new onscreen logo.
Please do not add ending dates to existing logos or attempt to add a new description until a new logo has debuted. Any premature changes should be reverted immediately.
TVOKids is a children's programming block that airs on TVOntario, launched on 1 April 1994 and running from 6 AM to 7 PM daily. They didn't have an onscreen logo until 2009.
1st Logo (2009-2015)
Logo: On a white background, a red person, which was the TVOKids mascot at the time, walks in from the right corner of the screen holding a red sign. The person stops in the middle of the screen, turns and faces the viewer, then lifts the sign in the air. As they do this, the words "tvo" and "kids" form on the sign.
- A still variant is seen on some shows.
- An in-credit version exists.
- A short version exists that starts when the person holds up the sign.
- On some shows, a copyright notice appears below the logo.
- A black background is sometimes used.
Technique: 3D computer animation.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show.
Availability: The long version appears on shows such as Look Kool and Seasons 1-3 of Finding Stuff Out, and the short version appears on Dino Dan and some other shows.
Legacy: This is a fun, memorable logo for those that grew up watching Dino Dan, plus many other TVOKids shows from the past.
2nd Logo (2015-)
Logo: On a white background, we see the word "tvo" in a typewriter font. Next to it is "kids" in a different font, with the "d" having an eye and the "s" having teeth. All of the letters are in different colors. The letters in the word "kids" jump and dance, and then stop, with the eye and teeth disappearing.
- On Odd Squad, the black underlined text "PRODUCED IN ASSOCIATION WITH" is seen above the logo.
- The text is sometimes stacked instead of going across.
- On That TVOKids' Show!! and The Space, Gisele's Big Backyard and Big Backyard News shorts, a copyright notice in black is seen below the logo.
- Sometimes, the logo has a white shadow on it.
- An in-credit version exists.
- Starting in 2020, the TVO logo text is red instead of salad green, light blue and light green.
- On one TVOKids promo for Elinor Wonders Why, the logo animates on the bottom left of a white border over footage of the series.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: An 8 note, light synth electronic tune, along with the "kids" text saying "whee" and laughing. A pop can be heard at the end.
Music/Sounds Variant: In other cases, the end theme of the show is used.
Availlablity: Current, but it might not last.
- The in-credit PIAW text and white BG version can be seen on newer seasons and episodes of Odd Squad but is removed from PBS airings.
- The in-credit version appears at the end of Season 4 and onwards of Finding Stuff Out, The Wacky Word Show, The Mystery Files, 16 Hudson and on Dino Dana plus many other shows, while the variant with black copyright info can be seen on Big Backyard News/Gisele's Big Backyard/The Space minishorts and That TVOKids' Show.
Legacy: Similarly to the 1998 Klasky-Csupo logo and the 1995 Sony Wonder logo, this has gained notoriety for many low-quality videos related to this logo, including the infamous TVOKids Logo Bloopers videos, ranging from "fine & remotely interesting" to "appalling & cliché".