This article is missing images.
If you have an image of any logo described here please upload it and add it to the page in the appropriate place. (More information)
T-Mobile is the brand name used by some of the mobile communications subsidiaries of the German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom AG in the Czech Republic, Poland, the United States, and by the former subsidiary in the Netherlands.
1st Logo (2002-2005)
- Startup: On a white background, the text "Welcome to" is seen on top. Each letter of •T•••Mobile• zooms out and fades in.
- Shutdown: The top text now says "Goodbye", and the T-Mobile text now zooms in and fades out.
- In its early years, the T-Mobile text just fades in and fades out with a wipe.
- Sometimes a URL can be seen below. There are two versions of this variant. One version has a chyroned-in URL. Another has the animation slightly modified. Some differences include the letter i in •T•••Mobile•, and how the letters enter and exit the screen.
- On some T-Mobile Samsung phones from 2006-2007, the startup animation has an error where the animation switches from the normal version to the slightly modified version with the URL. This occured on the very last frame of the animation.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: For the startup, It's starts with ascending notes which end in the trademark T-Mobile notes which are C, C, C, E, C. For the shutdown, the same trademark T-Mobile notes but with an octave down and descending notes.
Availability: Rare. Seen on American and German T-Mobile phones from 2002-2007.
2nd Logo (2003-2006)
- Startup: The T-Mobile wordmark is seen on top. Under is gray dots. One of the dots are magenta and are moving.
- Shutdown: The T-Mobile wordmark is now below, and now, the dots are on top.
Technique: 2D animation
Music/Sounds: Same as before.
Availability: Common. Seen on American and European T-Mobile phones from 2003-2007.
3rd Logo (2006-2011, Europe only)
- Startup: On a white background, multiple gray dots come into view. All of them fade out except for one of the top rows. One of the dots flip magenta. The top row then fades out. The T-Mobile wordmark is seen below.
- Shutdown: The animation plays in reverse.
- Sometimes •••T•••Mobile• were used instead of •T•••Mobile•••.
- Sometimes, one of the dots doesn't flip magenta.
- Later phones from 2009-2011 sometimes have a gray gradient background instead of a plain white background, with the T-Mobile logo having a magenta background.
Technique: 2D animation
Music/Sounds: A rearranged version of the T-Mobile trademark jingle.
Availability: Common. Seen on European T-Mobile phones from 2006-2011.