Syncopy is the production company of Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas. The name was officially started in 2005, but no logo was used until 2008.
(July 18, 2008- )
Logo: A box appears, and it has a labyrinth carved inside, with two exits breaking the box outline. The word SYNCOPY, which is part of the labyrinth, emerges from the depths of the box. The color scheme of the logo varies with each movie it appears on:
- Inception and The Dark Knight have the logo in a gray color.
- The Dark Knight Rises has the logo in a blue-grey color.
- Man of Steel has the logo in a brownish-grey color, and this version appears inside a tunnel, which fades to black.
- Dunkirk has the logo in a cyan color.
- Interstellar has the logo in a sepia tone.
- Tenet has the logo in a blue color.
Trivia: The company is named after the term "syncopation" (a variety of rhythms played together to make a piece of music). It was suggested to Christopher Nolan by his late father Brendan, a classical music fan.
FX/SFX: The labyrinth transforming into the name.
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening theme.
Availability: Appears on Inception, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, Interstellar, Dunkirk, and Tenet.
Editor's Note: None.