Sidney Kimmel Entertainment
This is the production company of Sidney Kimmel.
1st Logo (September 9, 2005-August 18, 2006, 2011)
Logo: On a night sky background with a visible city, we see a reel and clapperboard made to look like a "K". Under the "K" is a white sun. Under those is the name:
- On Neverwas, the logo is in a gold color and zooms out.
- This logo made a surprise appearance on the trailer for Gone. The collapsed name "SKE" appears on a dirty wall with "K" in its typical style and "FILMS" being below the text and a line.
Availability: Seen on three films: Trust the Man, Griffin & Phoenix and Neverwas.
2nd Logo (September 13, 2005- )
Logo: The sun rises through the crown of a tree in a yellow-orange rectangular box, spreading everywhere and making it visible. Below the box, "Sidney Kimmel" is in hand-written italics and "ENTERTAINMENT" below in regular font.
- An abbreviated variant exists, where the name is collapsed to "SKE". This can be seen on the trailer for Charlie Bartlett.
- The variant with "SKE" in orange italics appears on the trailer for Talk to Me and on the movie Breach
- Theres is a version where the tree stem zooms out to reveal the tree, then it shines and the same words fade in. It only appeared on Copying Beethoven.
- The closing logo suddenly appears even after the opening animation was changed in 2007.
Technique: The sunlight revealing the picture.
Availability: Appears on Charlie Bartlett, Death at a Funeral and other titles. It seems to be replaced by the 3rd logo since 2007, but still appears in the closing credits of new films, like One for the Money and Gone.
3rd Logo (September 12, 2007- )
Logo: The blue letter "K" (in the same design as the first logo, only without the sprockets) flies and zooms to a blue light spot, where it becomes flat. The company name appears below, in the same font as the first logo. The background light shines until the logo ends.
Byline: Starting in 2017, the byline "AN SK GLOBAL COMPANY" was added to the logo.
- As for the previous logo, the still and abbreviation variants exist. They are seen on newer trailers and on the film Unthinkable.
- On the movie I, Frankenstein the animation plays as normal but the letters "S" and "E" are shown in blue like the logo forming "SKE" also the white line is seen and the word "FILMS" is seen below the line, then it fades into a white background.
- On some films starting with Demolition it's the same as the I, Frankenstein variant but without fading into the white background.
- A print version of this logo exists like the second logo.
- An in-credit version exists.
Technique: The light and flying letter.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the movie.
Availability: Current and common. Seen on The Kite Runner, Married Life and newer movies.