Shine TV is a television production company founded in 2001 by Elisabeth Murdoch, daughter of News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch.
1st Logo (2001-2003)
Logo: On a black background, we see white light of flashes that reveal the text "S H I N E :" with a red colon on the right and then flashes. Extra credit is shown below the logo.
Technique: The light flashing.
Music/Sounds: None or the end theme of the show.
Availability: Seen on earlier Shine shows from the period, most of these were hard to find, such as early episodes of Gamezville.
2nd Logo (2004-2013)
Logo: We see a glowing blue rounded-corner banner with "S H I N E :" inside. A moth flies in and bumps the banner, causing a flash and short circuit. Then the moth burns out and falls down in smoke.
- There is an alternative version where the shield opens black and then turns into use.
- Another alternative version where instead of the logo forming, we see colored lights that form the logo.
- After 2006, the animated version seems to be no longer in use. A small static logo is now used with the copyright info below (and the Shine Group byline), similar to other UK television studios' logos.
- Since 2007, a Shine group byline appears below.
- Sometimes, the logo shares the screen with other logos.
Technique: The flying moth and shine.
Music/Sounds: A short synth note and a burning sound or the ending theme of the show.
Availability: The animated version is rare, as it's no longer current. It appeared on some shows and documentaries Sugar Rush, sharing the screen with the Channel Four logo, and appeared stand-alone on Hex. The still variant is common and appears on shows and documentaries such as Celebrity MasterChef, Demons, Merlin, The Magicians, and Wonderstuff, among others. The alternative colored version is seen on later episodes of Gamezville.
3rd Logo (2013- )
Logo: On a black background, we see the red word "SHINE:" with two dots and the small Shine Group logo below.
- 2013-2015: The same byline was seen like the previous logo.
- 2015-2016: "ENDEMOLSHINEGROUP" (in the same font as the Endemol Shine logo).
- 2016-2021: "EndemolShineGroup" or "part of EndemolShineGroup" (in the same font as the Endemol Shine logo).
- 2021-: "We are Banijay", with the Banijay logo to the left of the byline.
- The word "SOHO" in gray can be seen after "SHINE:".
- There is another version where the word "NORTH" also in gray and can be seen after the company's name.
- It sometimes share the screen with other logos.
Music/Sounds: None or the ending theme.
Availability: Currently seen on new seasons of returning shows which are MasterChef, Celebrity MasterChef and MasterChef: The Professionals and it appeared on new shows and documentaries that they produced from 2013 onwards such as Squeaky Clean and The Heist, among others.