Regency Television was a television production company established in 1998 as a joint-venture between Regency Enterprises and Fox Television Studios. In 2007, Regency Television shut down all production and closed its business after nearly ten years of operations. On January 17, 2011, New Regency announced to re-launch its television division after 20th Century Fox announced to extend its distribution deal with New Regency until 2022 (which was further extended to an indeterminate date on December 13, 2021). Regency first went into television production with the short-lived 1994 animated series Free Willy in association with Warner Bros. Television and Nelvana.
1st Logo (September 24, 1994-February 25, 1995)
Logo: Just a white still version of the movie logo on a black background.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the show.
Availability: Rare. It was only seen on the short-lived animated series Free Willy.
2nd Logo (May 9, 1999-April 14, 2008)
Logo: We see a shortened variant of the movie logo, but the word "TELEVISION" is placed under the word "REGENCY". Underneath is the byline "A FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS/NEW REGENCY COMPANY".
- The logo would come in either the standard 4:3 version (seen on full-screen prints) or the widescreen 16:9 version.
- On 4:3 full-screen prints of early season 1 episodes of Roswell, along with the Jason Katims Productions and 20th Century Fox Television logos, the logo plays videotaped.
- On some shows starting in 2000 with Malcolm in the Middle, the logo would appear bylineless.
- On Ryan Caulfield: Year One, How to Marry A Billionaire: A Christmas Tale, and Dodson's Journey, the text is in a different, cheaper font and it flips in.
- There is also a slightly extended variant of the logo, which begins with the R glowing and the words turning toward. Appears either with or without the byline.
- An extremely long version exists on the failed pilot of That Guy. Here, it is animated like the movie logo, but slightly sped-up.
- On the short-lived series UC: Undercover, the logo is seen on the left with the NBC Studios logo on the right.
Technique: Computer animation.
Music/Sounds: The final flourishing note of the Regency movie logo fanfare.
- On Ryan Caulfield: Year One, How to Marry A Billionaire: A Christmas Tale, and Dodson's Journey, the first 2 notes from the movie fanfare are used.
- On season 1 of the short-lived series Living With Fran, a small part of the second half of the movie fanfare is used.
- On some episodes of Listen Up, the latter half of the movie fanfare is used, and it carries over to the CBS Productions logo.
Availability: Common. Seen on shows from the company during the period, such as Roswell, Malcolm in the Middle, New Amsterdam (unrelated to the current NBC series of the same name) and The Bernie Mac Show. Also seen on the TV movies How to Marry A Billionaire: A Christmas Tale, Dodson's Journey and The Hunt For the Unicorn Killer. It can be also seen on the FX miniseries Thief.
3rd Logo (May 27, 2021-)
Logo: On a black background, we see the print version of the 2016 Regency logo in white. The text "R E G E N C Y" is below.
Variant: On The Beast Must Die it shares the screen with other logos.
Music/Sounds: None.Availability: Current. First appeared on The Beast Must Die and it later appeared on Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock.