Overbrook Entertainment is Will Smith's production company, formed in 1998. It is named after Will Smith's high school, Overbrook High School in West Philadelphia, PA. The company didn't use a proper logo until 2003.
(September 16, 2003-)
Nickname: "The Record"
Logo: On a black background, there is an orange circle with a black needle in the center (as it goes down in a split-second) and a circular line around it. It begins spinning with white streaks close to it. The camera zooms to the circle, then the camera zooms upward, revealing it is a record. As the camera zooms up, the record is in a box with a white border. As this happens, the letters "O," "v," "e," "r," "b," "r," "o," "o" and "k" fly into the box from random places. The camera stops zooming, the record stops spinning and the letters make "Overbrook". "ENTERTAINMENT" spaced to fit the width of the box, appears below. The record is slowly zooms-out inside the box.
- The television version of this logo is almost the same as the movie version. However, the background (which is behind the record) is dark grey gradient instead of black, and "Entertainment" in small lettering is wiping in from the center in black lettering is seen on the record rather than below it underneath a box. The text "In Association With" is seen fading-in below it as the record stops and zooms-out. The record starts spinning again by spinning off the word "Overbrook" and "Entertainment" would wipe away.
- Like the above variant, a short version of the movie logo exists.
- On HD prints of All of Us, the text "In Association With" is seen at the bottom.
- Sometimes, the logo is still or either it is slowly zooms-out.
- A warp-speed version exists.
- A print version exists.
FX/SFX: The record spinning, the camera zooming, the letters. This was designed by Picturemill.
Music/Sounds: A sound of a record being put on the player, followed by record scratches with each spin. Sometimes, the beginning of the movie's theme or the ending of the show's theme plays over it.
Availability: Common. Seen on films and TV shows from the company such as Hitch, The Pursuit of Happyness, I Am Legend, Hancock, To All the Boys I've Loved Before (not the book of the same name of the 2018 movie by author Jenny Han), and All of Us (the first TV show for this logo). Also seen on HawthoRNe starting with the second season.
Editor's Note: None.