Original Productions, LLC is a television production company based in Burbank, California. It was founded in 1999 by Thom Beers. On February 19, 2009, FremantleMedia acquired 75% of Original Productions for $50 million.
1st Logo (2000-2009)
Logo: On a white background, enclosed in a thin black border, a film reel zooms out and settles in the top left corner of the screen. The rest of the company's name wipes in, the film reel forming the "O" in "Original". The web address "www.origprod.com" wipes in at the same time as the text. The "LLC" word is fading in.
Early Variant: Originally, there was no web address or black border and the whole animation was significantly more zoomed-out. The copyright notice can be sometimes seen at the bottom.
Technique: The film reel zooming out, the wipe in.
- A kid singing in a sing-song tone, "Iiiit's originaaaaal".
- The early variant just had the end theme of the show.
Availability: The early variant is only known to be seen on Discovery Channel wrestling VHS tapes. The later variant is seen on the first season of 1000 Ways to Die.
2nd Logo (2009-2021)
Logo: On a black background, we see what looks like a giant smudge of blue chalk. "Original Productions" in a white chalk like font is written on it. The byline "A FremantleMedia Company" is below.
- There is an early bylineless variant reading "Original Productions, LLC" instead.
- From 2016 to 2018, both words of the name as well as the smudge all slide into place. The byline (which differently reads "A FREMANTLE COMPANY") appears one letter at a time.
- In 2018, the smudge is in 2D, the background is white and the company name is now in a bold font, as well as a different FremantleMedia byline.
Technique: None, but only a simple animation for the 2016 variant.
Music/Sounds: The same "It's original" as the 1st logo, the end theme of the show or none.
Availability: Seen on season 2-onwards episodes of 1000 Ways to Die, as well as the pilot of its failed spinoff 1000 Ways to Lie. Also seen on Badlands, Storage Wars Texas, Whisker Wars and Quit Your Day Job (the debut and only place so far to use the 2016 variant). Despite their massive output, the company usually just uses an in-credit notice.
3rd Logo (2021-)
Logo: On a black background, we see the text "ORIGINAL PRODUCTIONS" zooming in with a fens flare. The Fremantle byline ("Fremantle" being the logo) appears at the bottom.
- A still version exists.
- A white background version exists.
Technique: The zooming in.
Music/Sounds: None or the closing theme.
Availability: Seen on other shows by the company, including Phat Tuesdays: The Era of Hip Hop Comedy.