Multimedia Motion Pictures
Multimedia Motion Pictures was a division of Multimedia Entertainment that specialized in made-for-TV movies. It was created in 1991 after Multimedia, Inc. acquired the assets of Orbis Communications on September 17. Most of the company's library is today owned by NBCUniversal Television, except for Deadly Matrimony, Desperate Rescue: The Cathy Mahone Story and Donato and Daughter which are owned by ITV Studios Global Entertainment via World International Network/Hamdon Entertainment.
(November 11, 1991-October 15, 1995)
Nicknames: "Circle M", “Golden M", "Multimedia M", "Golden Multimedia M"
Logo: On a blue marble background, we see a gold version of the emblem featured in the Multimedia Entertainment logos, extrusioned to look tri-dimensional, zooming out. Under it we see the gold words “MULTIMEDIA” and “MOTION PICTURES” in 3D, both casting a shadow over the marble background. The logo is placed above the middle of the word “MULTIMEDIA”.
- An extended version exists.
- There is a filmed version, seen on Donato & Daughter
- There is also a still version.
Technique: The Multimedia logo zooming out.
Music/Sounds: None or the ending theme from the movie. On Murder Between Friends and a French Canadian VHS release of Deadly Matrimony, a synthetized 6-note jingle is used.
Music|Sounds Variant: On Donato and Daughter, the music is completely rearranged with drumbeats. However, it starts from the "In association with" card and comes into the ARD Degeto film logo.
- This was seen on the following TV movies : Deadly Matrimony, Desperate Rescue: The Cathy Mahone Story, Donato and Daughter, Jack Reed: Badge of Honor, House of Secrets (1993), Torch Song, Children of the Dark, Murder Between Friends, Dazzle (1995) and Not Our Son.
- Those movies have not been seen on TV in years, but may pop-up on Lifetime and LMN.
- Some prints, especially the TV ones, has this logo plastered by the bylineless/short 1991 Universal Pictures logo.
- The still version is seen on the Starmaker VHS release of Deadly Matrimony.