Logo descriptions and captures by edunk5
Mukpuddy Animation is a New Zealand animation studio based in Auckland, founded in 2002 by Ryan Cooper, Tim Evans, and Alex Leighton.
1st Logo (2006-2009)
Logo: On a white background, we see a sky blue rectangle with all the corners cut off along with a faded border and two squiggly shapes that commonly appear in silent movie intertitles. One on the top left and the other on the bottom right. Then an aquamarine rectangle with blunt corners and a traced outline of it in the same color as the background suddenly appears, zooming into the center. Immediately after, a man's face in black and white whose mouth is open wide happily does the same on the bottom left which is then followed by a smiling woman's face also in black and white on the top right. It is then followed by "MUKPUDDy" in the background's color with royal blue borders in a crooked font on an equally crooked rectangle in the same color as the large one before "ANiMATiON" in a dark blue font that's crooked as well between two rectangles in the background's color with borders in the former text's color.
Technique: The popping in.
Music/Sounds: A cartoonish popping sound for when the man appears, then the same sound for when the woman appears, and then a much louder pop when the latter text appears.
Music/Sounds Variant: Starting in 2008, a voice-over was added to accompany the sound effects which features a girl saying the company name.
Availability: Rare. Seen on the first 3 seasons of Sparkle Friends along with various shorts.
2nd Logo (2009-2015)
Availability: Rare. Seen on the last two seasons of Sparkle Friends.
3rd Logo (2015-)
Logo: On a white gradient background, hairy anthropomorphic letters with reflections below come arriving depicted as the
- M: Orange with eyes and eyebrows on each top with the mouth below comes flying down.
- U: Blue with both eyes stacked on the top left and mouth with some teeth missing on the top right hops from the bottom left.
- K: Red with three eyes, two on the top left and one on the top right with eyebrows along with the mouth on the bottom right where a hole opens for it to jump out before it closes.
- P: Yellow with one eye, unibrow, and mouth with exposed teeth falls upside down before jumping back up.
- U: Teal with both eyes and unibrow on the top left placed horizontally and the mouth below emerges from the top right.
- D: Purple with three eyes in a triangular position, unibrow, and mouth with half it's teeth missing on the right hops from the left where it flies over, hitting the first "U" flipping over and landing in it's position.
- D: Pink with eyes and mouth on the top comes racing in a zig-zag pattern.
- Y: Green with a unibrow, two eyes, and mouth with mostly missing teeth at the bottom cartwheels from the right.
They form "MUKPUDDY" where the camera pans close to them. A flash of light occurs suddenly occurs. After it ceases, it becomes still and it's now in letterbox format revealing it to be a photo shoot.
Technique: The whole animation.
Music/Sounds: A female opera singer, a saxophone, high pitched operatic voices in a group and a violin section accompanied by various sound effects which includes a bouncing sound when first "U" hops over, a whoosh sound when the "P" lands, a slide whistle when the "M" arrives, a grunt the "D" makes when arriving making a boing sound when hitting the first "U" before making another grunt, the camera panning, and snapping.
Availability: Rare. Seen on Barefoot Bandits, Quimbo's Quest and various shorts.
Legacy: Despite the letters' monstrous appearances, it's very funny.