Mosaic Media Group
This is Allen Shapiro and Charles Roven's production company. It was formed on July 29, 1999, when Atlas Entertainment was merged with Gold/Miller Management to create Mosaic Media Group. In 2008, Charles Roven split off their ties from the company, and relaunched Atlas Entertainment with a first-look deal at Sony Pictures. However, they never used a logo until 2002.
1st Logo (February 8, 2002-June 20, 2008)
Logo: First, the background is lighted on as it becomes blue-black. Four gray parts of a ring appear and join each other. Then the ring shines and the word "Mosaic" appears in the sans-serif font, with "MEDIA GROUP" below in Helvetica Light Condensed and spaced-out. The logo shines a little.
- A still version exists.
- The closing print version appears at the end of some films.
Technique: The rings appearing.
Music/Sounds: A beeping noise, along with clanks as the rings appear, and a huge whoosh as the logo is formed. For the closing, it's the music from any given soundtrack or none.
Availability: Seen on some of the company's earlier films such as Rollerball, The Bank Job, the first two live-action Scooby-Doo films, Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and Get Smart. This logo does not appear on What Happens in Vegas or Semi-Pro.
2nd Logo (June 5, 2009-June 27, 2017)
Logo: On a black background, a red circle with a 7-ray star inside appears. After this, other letters fade in to make the word "mosaic", with the circle posing as the letter "O". The letters then fade out with the circle following them in a second.
- At the end of Land of the Lost, it is still and the letters are white.
- Sometimes, there's a variant of this logo where we see a mud volcano that made from trashes. Slowly we zooms out, and suddenly, it explodes. The volcano quickly zooms out with a white out-lined box, and the italiced logo fades in right below the volcano (in the box).
- There exists a still version.
- On the TV series adaptation of Bad Teacher, it is next to the Quantity Entertainment logo.
- On The Lazarus Effect, the animation is different where the volcano is zooming out and in a dark color with a thunderstorm throughout as the same word appears in a flash effect, then it shines while the volcano explodes and the lightning strikes with it. Then it slowly zooms into the same box.
- On Downward Dog, the logo appears on a dark gray smoky background with the logo in silver and next to the Animal Media Group logo.
Technique: The fading. For the variant, the volcano exploding and the logo forming.
- The variant uses a bombastic fanfare with drums and high-pitched brass.
- On The Lazarus Effect, storm sounds are heard alongside a strange sound.
Availability: Uncommon. Seen on films and series produced by them from the period.
3rd Logo (December 25, 2018-)
Logo: We slowly zoom out on a painting of a blue sky, with the clouds moving a bit. A bolt of lighting flashes near a black cloud at the bottom of the screen, followed by the screen flashing the name "Mosaic". The sky background fades to black with the name remaining in place.
- A still version exists.
- On Weird City, the logo is next to the Chuckystuff Pictures logo.
- Sometimes, the word is standing straight up.
Technique: The zoom-out, the clouds moving, and the screen flashing and fading to black.
Music/Sounds: A gust of wind, followed by a loud thunderclap and an off-screen male saying "Woah!". On the still version, the closing theme of the show.
Availability: Common. First seen on Holmes and Watson and later on Weird City, Guilty Party and Night Sky.