Mike Young Productions
First known as Kalisto Ltd. in Wales, this company debuted in 1982 as a joint venture between Mike Young and John Parkinson by producing animated series for children until that division became Siriol in 1992. When Mike Young obtained full control of the company in 1997, he made a second studio in United States, called Mike Young Productions. Between 2005 and March of 2009, the company became part of the MoonScoop Group, and was renamed by the company as MoonScoop Entertainment afterwards.
1st Logo (September 12, 1998-June 21, 2008)
Logo: On a black background, we see a yellow oval slowly rotating to face forward, with a spotlight shining on it. Over the oval is "Mike Young" in blue script, and below it is "PRODUCTIONS", also in blue with white fronts.
- The logo may appear more zoomed in on some shows.
- A version with a white background and a more print-looking logo was seen on the licensed video game Butt-Ugly Martians: Zoom or Doom for PS2. The print-looking variant also appeared in-credit on German prints of season 1 of Pet Alien. Proof exists here: .
- On the 2001 series of Horrible Histories, it is shown with curtains.
- On some shows, the logo is shown via split screen with other production logos.
- A widescreen version exists and can be seen on Polly Pocket: Lunar Eclipse as well as more recent prints of Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks.
- On Bratz: Genie Magic and season 1 of Bratz (TV series), there is a byline that reads "A MoonScoop Company".
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: The Butt-Ugly Martians theme variant from the Just Entertainment logo. In some cases, the closing theme of the show or none.
Availability: Common. Appears on Voltron: The Third Dimension, Butt-Ugly Martians, Polly Pocket: Lunar Eclipse, Fortress of the Dragon, the 2002 reboot of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, season 1 of ToddWorld, the Horrible Histories cartoon, season 1 of Pet Alien, season 1 of Bratz (TV series), Bratz: Genie Magic, and seasons 1 and 2 of Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks. Also appears on The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, Mama, Do You Love Me? and Growing Up Creepie.
2nd Logo (September 9, 2006-May 7, 2011)
Logo: On a white background, the first logo is seen here in print form, but with the text in dark blue and the circle is replaced with the yellow crescent moon from the MoonScoop and Taffy logos. Underneath the logo is a byline reading "a MoonScoop company", written in the same font as the "PRODUCTIONS" text.
Variant: A long version exists where the "Mike Young" text is just seen at first (in that case, the text drawing in). The underline then draws in, followed by the rest of the logo fading in. It starts with "PRODUCTIONS", then the byline, then finally the crescent.
Technique: None or 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: The end-title theme from any show or none.
Availability: Appears on various shows, such as Cosmic Quantum Ray, season 2 of Bratz (TV series), season 3 of Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks, early episodes of season 1 of Hero: 108, season 2 of Pet Alien (available on Kabillion On Demand), seasons 1 and 2 of Dive Olly Dive!, season 2 of ToddWorld, and season 1 of Chloe's Closet. Season 2 thereof had the MoonScoop logo in its place.
||Mike Young Productions||