Maxar Technologies is an American space technology company that was founded on October 5, 2017 after the merger of DigitalGlobe and MDA Holdings Company. The company announced that it would be acquired by Advent International, a private equity firm, for $6.4 billion on December 16, 2022.
1st logo (Mar 16, 2018-Feb 5, 2019)
Logo: After the MDA, SSL, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions logos collapse in on each other, on a flyover shot of Earth with small "x" marks covering the screen, a white rectangle quickly morphs and wipes away to reveal the logo, which is the name "MAXAR", in white and with the "X" being in a futuristic stylization with a white square to its top-right, above the small white word "TECHNOLOGIES". After a moment of remaining on-screen, we fade to black to the video presentation.
Variant: Starting with "Maxar Missions Episode 3: Machine Learning", the logo is on top of a different flyover shot of Earth and the transition from the four logos is different, with the rectangle being in infrared colors and the white outline of a box being quickly drawn around the logo before disappearing. The white slogan "BUILD A BETTER WORLD. TOGETHER." quickly wipes in from the right under Maxar's logo. After a brief moment, a black square with a white outline is drawn around the logo, making the slogan disappear, and it zooms in on us while the logo fades away. A copyright notice, in white, can also be seen in the bottom-center of the video before fading away when the black square appears.
Technique: 2D digital animation.
Music/Sounds: The soundtrack used for the video along with a light, techy whoosh sound when the four logos collapse on one another and a light whoosh sound when the rectangle wipes to reveal Maxar's logo.
Availability: Only seen on the Maxar Missions miniseries on Maxar's official YouTube channel, some of the company's first uploads on their channel.
2nd logo (Feb 11-Mar 28, 2019)
Logo: On a black background, we see the Maxar Technologies logo, in white and thin 3D rendering, emerge from the darkness. The corners of the "X" then extend and become gray as the rest of the logo fades away to reveal the MDA, SSL, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions logos inside of the spaces created by the "X". The spaces then quickly retract to reveal the video presentation.
- The logo used for "Maxar in 120: Brazil Dam Collapse" is instead done entirely in 2D animation and instead only shows the Maxar logo individually before showing the screen splitting into an "X" formation before the four pieces of the screen quickly retract to reveal the video presentation.
- The ending of both videos this logo was used on has the animation for both logos played in reverse.
Technique: 3D and 2D animation for "Maxar in 120: Using Geospatial Data to Support Wildfire Response", 2D animation for "Maxar in 120: Brazil Dam Collapse".
Music/Sounds: The music used for the main video presentations.
Availability: Seen exclusively on "Maxar in 120: Using Geospatial Data to Support Wildfire Response".
3rd logo (Apr 10, 2019-)
Logo: We see a repeated line pattern drawing three of four corners of a futuristic-stylized "X" right before other lines appear and draw the letters M, two As and R besides the X. The letters eventually fill and fade in as the lines that were drawing the three corners of the stylized X converge on each other and fill in as a filled-in square appears at the shape's top-right, forming Maxar's logo. We then quickly fade out to the video presentation.
- As with the previous logo, many videos on Maxar's channel with this logo end with the logo's animation being played in reverse.
- The first use of this logo, "Maxar in 120: North Korea", has the logo in white and on a black background. At the end of the logo's animation, the same outro animation from "Maxar in 120: Brazil Dam Collapse" is reused.
- Starting with "We are the Source - Telco" and ending with "Power and Propulsion Element", the lines and Maxar logo are white and rest on a gold-pink gradient background.
- On "Clean Gulf - Oil Tracker", the lines and Maxar logo are white and rest on an ocean blue background.
- Starting with "Maxar Overview", the lines and logo are orange and the background is grey. This variant is currently in use.
- A still variant of this variant can be seen on "Earth in 3D".
Technique: 2D digital animation.
Music/Sounds: A twelve-note ambient synth jingle.
Music/Sounds Variant: Some videos, such as "Maxar in 120: North Korea" and "Power and Propulsion Element", only have the music from the main video presentations.
Availability: Seen on the majority of the videos on Maxar Technologies' official YouTube channel starting with "We are the Source - Telco".