(Redirected from Mattel Playground Productions)
This company could possibly be introducing a new onscreen logo.
Mattel Playground Productions was an entertainment company owned by Mattel, formed to produce series and movies based on their properties, formed on October 16, 2013. In 2016, its operations were absorbed by Mattel Creations and it was shut down seven months later due to the failure of Max Steel (2016). On September 6, 2018, the division was revived and reformed as Mattel Films.
1st Logo (2013-October 14, 2016)
Logo: On a white background, we see the Mattel logo. The logo zooms out to reveal that it is moving around on a red line, at which point a red rectangle lands on the logo which reads "PLAY". The Mattel logo balances the rectangle while rolling around but then drops it on the line, causing it to bounce up which reveals it to actually be another red rectangle that reads "GROUND" (with a play button in the "O"). The Mattel logo and the "PLAY" rectangle land on top of the "GROUND" rectangle (with the Mattel logo landing on the left side of it and the "PLAY" rectangle landing on the right side of it). "PRODUCTIONS" then drops down quickly letter by letter below. The Mattel logo spins around once, and then stops.
- A longer version exists where the Mattel logo rotates and slightly bounces at the start.
- Sometimes, the ending part where the logo spins is removed.
- A still version exists, sometimes on a black background.
- There is another still version where the shape is removed from the Mattel logo, with the text (in red) on it’s side and placed closer to the "PLAY" rectangle.
- An in-credit version exists.
Technique: 2D animation. The fading or none on the still version.
Music/Sounds: A sound of a slide whistle, some grunting and bouncing sounds, and some sort of laughing at the end.
- Sometimes, the slide whistle is absent.
- The version that removes the part where the logo spins has no laughing at the end, and again removes the slide whistle at the beginning.
- Otherwise, either the ending theme of the show/movie is used or the logo is silent.
- Can be seen on 2016 episodes of the CGI Polly Pocket web series, the last three Team Hot Wheels films, and other series and films.
- The still version can be found on Barbie and the Secret Door.
- The black background still version can be found on Max Steel and some of the Monster High movies.
- The still version without the shape can be seen with a white background on Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome and with a black background on certain Max Steel episodes.
- The in-credit version appears on the Ever After High episode "True Hearts Day".
- It was last used at the end of the live-action Max Steel film, as this has been switched to the Mattel Creations logo on newer films and shows.
2nd Logo (October 14, 2016)
Logo: In a old film grain, we see the image of the original headquarters of Mattel in 1945, with a signage reading "MATTEL CREATIONS" seen in the building, We then cut to various patents of various Mattel toy brands including the Vrroom motor, a Chatty Cathy doll, Barbie, a Hot Wheels car and a jet toy with a pilot figure, with the respective logos of American Girl, MEGA Blox, Barbie, Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price being seen. We cut back to the "MATTEL CREATIONS" signage before it cuts to a white film grain background as we see the original Mattel logo from the 50s before the current logo shows up.
Technique: 2D/CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the movie.
Availability: Only seen on the live-action Max Steel film. The first logo appears at the end of the movie.