(Redirected from Mattel Creations)
Mattel Creations was formed by Mattel in 2016 to bring all five of their content creation units: Mattel Playground Productions (now Mattel Films), Mattel Studios, HIT Entertainment, Mattel Entertainment, and the American Girl creative team in Middleton, Wisconsin together. In 2019, the division was reorganized as Mattel Television.
(January 17, 2017-)
Logo: On a red background, the shape of the Mattel logo (a spiky circle) is cut out of it. Then, the background falls down as if it were a piece of paper, revealing a gray wall background, and "MATTEL" is carved into the circle in its corporate font. The circle, which was at an angle before, moves to the center of the screen, and the red pieces in the company name fall down (turning the company name white) and turn into the red text "CREATIONS" (before 2019) or "TELEVISION" (since 2019).
- The logo is often sped-up on TV shows.
- There is a warp-speed variant on The Toy Box.
- A cropped 4:3 variant exists.
- On Monster High: The Movie, the logo is very shortened.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: Cutting, pencil scribbling and paper folding sounds, then a drone after the Mattel logo centers itself.
Music/Sounds Variant: In some cases, it's silent or it uses the end theme.
- Has appeared on HIT Entertainment movies as well as Barbie movies beginning with Video Game Hero.
- The short version appears on post-2017 episodes of Thomas & Friends (and its reboot, subtitled All Engines Go) beginning with Series 21, Fireman Sam beginning with season 11, the third series of 2015's Bob the Builder, Polly Pocket, Masters of the Universe: Revelation, the 2021 reboot of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Minecraft Mini-Series, Barbie: Dreamhouse Adventures, Barbie: It Takes Two, Deepa & Anoop, and the 2022 series of Monster High. It does not appear on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power and Pingu in the City. This logo is yet to appear on future TV shows and movies like the untitled new Bob the Builder reboot series, Barbie Fashion Battle, and more.
- The long version appears on UK HIT Entertainment DVDs, replacing HIT's logo, beginning with the Thomas & Friends release "Extraordinary Engines", until the Thomas release "A Colourful World". After that, the HIT logo returned at the beginning of DVDs.