Little Stranger, Inc.
(Redirected from Little Stranger)
This is the production company of actress and creator Tina Fey. The company is named after a loose translation of Fey's mother Greek maiden name Xenakes, with their "peacock costume" logos being a nod to their parent network NBC, who produces their shows. According to Fey, it is also a nod to the "little stranger" who had come in and changed their lives.
1st Logo (October 11, 2006-January 31, 2013)
Logo: On a black background, we see a tilted rectangle (it isn't tilted sometimes) with a white border with a photo inside it, and the text "little stranger, inc." on the top center. The photo tilts slightly. Here are all the variants used, depending on the episode:
- We see a young infant making a funny face. The rectangle is stretched and tilted in the opposite direction, with the photo smaller and the text in a different font in this variant.
- We see a girl in a peacock costume on a teal background (possibly resembles the NBC logo). An alternate version exists, where the girl is pushed to the left to make room for another girl, also in a peacock costume.
- The same teal background is used here, although the girl is removed and is replaced with a cheap, edited-in video of a happy young girl.
- There is one with a photo of two men and a woman looking at the camera during nighttime. The text is slightly positioned lower.
Trivia: The girl in the peacock costume in one of the photos and its variant is Tina Fey's older daughter, Alice Zenobia Richmond, dressed up for Halloween.
Technique: Just the photo tilting. Sometimes rarely, the photo doesn't tilt. The first variant had cheaper tilting.
Music/Sounds: None or the closing theme.
Availability: Seen on 30 Rock.
2nd Logo (March 6, 2015-)
Logo: On a white background, we see a 2D colored silhouette of the girl in the peacock costume from the previous logo, positioned over the crudely-drawn words "LiTtLE STRANGER," and "inc." The girl dances around, then takes a bow and returns to her normal position.
- On Great News and Girls5Eva, the logo shares the screen with the Bevel Gears logo.
- On Mr. Mayor, the 3 Arts Entertainment logo appears on the bottom right of the logo.
Technique: The girl dancing. The choppy animation has a charm to it.
Music/Sounds: A girl saying "Goodnight, everybody!" and another girl saying "Goodnight!" over some piano notes. Sometimes, the piano notes are removed or the "Goodnight!" quote is removed.
Availability: Seen on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Great News, Girls5Eva and Mr. Mayor.