This page may contain missing/incomplete descriptions.
If you have further information on these logos, please consider to make our descriptions more complete.
KOCE-TV is the PBS affiliate located in Huntington Beach, California. It became the primary PBS affiliate for Los Angeles after KCET disaffiliated with PBS and became an independent public television station on January 1, 2011.
1st Logo (1972)
Logo: Just the white in-credit text "A KOCE-TV 50 'PRODUCTION" in Aero Extended Solid. The "50" is much larger than the rest of the logo.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme of the show.
Availability: Ultra rare. Seen at the end of The Dedication of Channel 50.
2nd Logo (1970's-1983)
Logo: The camera starts out panning over waves, near the coastline of Huntington Beach. As it pans over, it slowly rises up, and "KOCE" in a light blue Aero Extended Solid font zooms in. "HUNTINGTON BEACH" in a different light blue font, zooms out, and both join together in the center. The camera still pans over the logo.
Variant: On a 1982 tape containing a tour of their studios, the logo is white on a blue gradient background and just has the words connecting. At the end, the logo is now the local variant and is still.
FX/SFX: The camera panning up from the ground and the words joining on-screen.
Music/Sounds: Water waves crashing, accompanied by the sound of seagulls. The variant has a triumphant fanfare at both the start and end.
Availability: Extremely rare. Most of the shows that had this are off the air.
3rd Logo (1983-1996)
Logo: On a black/blue gradient background, "KOCE" is seen in the same font and color as before, but appears to be cutted into the background. "PRESENTS" in the same font, but outlined, quickly fades in below.
- An extended version has the logo slowly flipping in, with "ORANGE COUNTY" drawing in below as an outline, with them extended at first but then retract as it finishes. The words then draw away as "PRESENTS" is drawn it.
- Another extended version of this logo, probably the station ID, has the "KOCE" text (in the same font as above mentioned) zoom away from the viewer, and then a huge flash appears as it turns out to be a giant "50" (in the same font as "KOCE"). Then, the text "ORANGE COUNTY" sketches itself under the "KOCE" and the "50". A still version of this exists.
FX/SFX: Just the appearance of the logo and "PRESENTS" fading in.
Music/Sounds: Usually none.
- The extended version has an ascending whooshing sound, followed by an electronic note, followed by beeping synths, followed by a high-pitched chord, all likely played on a Moog synthesizer. Once on the regular short variant, the theme plays, albeit cut off.
- The station ID has a whoosh sound, followed by a short synth tune with bells heard in the background.
- The still station ID has it silent with an announcer.
Availability: Rare. Used on programming at the time. The extended version has been seen on To Hear.
4th Logo (1996-1998)
Logo: On a rippling blue background, "KOCE" is seen in a different font, glassy and in blue. Below it is a white line waving up and down, as "HUNTINGTON BEACH" in blue emerges from it. The words flips down and stops waving about, as the ripple and line still move.
FX/SFX: The rippling background, the line and words waving.
Availability: Rare. Can be found on Inspirations Of California.
5th Logo (1998-2004)
Logo: On a black background, we see "koce", this time in Arial and in lowercase letters, colored gold. It appears to be in a tilted position, but it straightens itself out quickly, as a gold boomerang-shaped crest flies from left to right. "PRESENTATION", colored white, and uppercase letters, drops down a bit, then zooms in quickly.
FX/SFX: The animation's simple, but it's better than the previous logo sans for "PRESENTATION" blocking the logo.
Music/Sounds: A synthesized flute jingle.
Availability: Rare. Can be found at the end of Wai Lana Yoga on select PBS stations.
6th Logo (2001-2009)