This article covers logos that contain graphic violence or gore, a jump scare, nudity, sexual activity, and strong language. Graphic violence, nudity, sexual activity and strong language are hidden behind spoilers, due to Miraheze's content policy.
Hotdiggedydemon is the vanity card of Flash animator Max Gilardi, known on both YouTube and Newgrounds for series such as Jerry, Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz!, and PONY.MOV, a parody of the animated series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
1st Logo (March 30, 2004-December 10, 2005)
Logo: On a white background, we see a drawing of a 2D gray-white demon with its claws and tail spread out, and looking forward with its eyes open. Next to the demon is the stacked text "Hot Diggedy Demon" in a handwritten font.
Trivia: The demon in the logo is a concept artwork of Sal, one of the main characters from Spookyville USA, the first episode of which was uploaded to Newgrounds three months after this logo's retirement.
- On A DCK Tribute, the logo slides in from the left, then out to the right on a black background.
- On Joan and Mark, the logo, smaller than usual, jiggles left and right.
- On SUPER KID FORCE, the logo appears zooming out with motion blur, then zooms in a bit, then fully zooms out and disappears.
Technique: None (except if you count the fade-in and out).
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening theme of the short.
Availability: Seen on MEANWHILE..., A DCK Tribute, Joan and Mark, The Amazing Adam Android and SUPER KID FORCE.
2nd Logo (August 17, 2008-December 8, 2009)
Logo: Basically an animated and improved version of the previous logo. On a white background, we see a redrawn version of the demon from before with its claws clasped together, looking down with its eyes shut and its tail resting. It soon spreads its claws out, looks at the camera with its eyes open and moves its tail at will. It freezes in this position, and "HOT DIGGEDY DEMON" in the Bank Gothic MD BT font, with the words stacked in three lines and aligned to the left, fades in and slides to the right, while the demon slides to the left. Once it's done, we pan downwards to the web address "WWW.HOTDIGGEDYDEMON.COM" in the same font as before, with "HOTDIGGEDYDEMON" being a bit larger than the rest.
Variant: At the beginning of Spookyville 2: Director's Cut, The Greatest Idea Ever! and Little Jerry and the Closet, we don't pan downwards to the web address and fade to black instead.
Technique: Flash animation.
Music/Sounds: Max Gilardi as an announcer saying the web address.
- The Greatest Idea Ever! (beginning): The opening theme is heard in place of the announcement.
- Little Jerry and the Closet (beginning): J.S. Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D-minor" plays instead of the announcement.
- Jackie: The announcer says "Ooh, crazy b**ch."
- Junior: A conversation from the episode between Junior and Jerry's dad (both are voiced by Max Gilardi) is heard instead of the announcement. Junior says "Make me a grilled cheese sandwich!", then Jerry's dad replies "Oh man, that is so annoying!"
- Jerry: The End: The announcer says "Dude, you watch us on Newgrounds, you get f***in' commentary and sh**? Maybe you wanna see that, I don't know." instead.
Availability: Seen on all episodes of Jerry (with the exception of the April Fools episode Jerry 2, which doesn't have any logos at all), as well as Spookyville 2: Director's Cut, Apocalypse Meow, Max & Watch, and The Greatest Idea Ever!
3rd Logo (December 22, 2009-April 18, 2015)
Logo: On a black background, the demon with the same animation from before is seen on top. Under it, the web address "HOTDIGGEDYDEMON.COM" appears in pieces ("HOT", "DIGGEDY", "DEMON", "." and "COM") and in sync to the music.
- On GrasshopperlanD, only the web address in a bolder font appears in the center.
- On the announcement video Advert 4 Shirtz!, Catzilla from the Video Game Videos logo appears out of nowhere after the logo is done animating. only for it to be cut off quickly.
- On the announcement video HUGE HOTDIGGEDYDEMON ANNOUNCMENT!, the logo is extended, and the lyrics described below appear.
Technique: Flash animation.
Music/Sounds: The MacInTalk 3 novelty voice Cellos singing the web address to the tune of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg. In some cases, the closing theme of the short is heard instead.
- On the Advert 4 Shirtz! video, Catzilla's high-pitched scream/shriek is heard after the logo is done animating, but it's cut short.
- On the HUGE HOTDIGGEDYDEMON ANNOUNCMENT! video, Cellos sings the following (still to the aforementioned tune, albeit in a lower pitch than usual): "Hotdiggedydemon.com is the place to go, if you want to have s*x with a lot of pretty girls."
Availability: Seen on all episodes of Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz! and PONY.MOV (with the exception of APPLE.MOV, the April Fools episode SPIKE.MOV and the bonus videos Watch out, Ashleigh and CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG., which don't have any logos), as well as Hotdiggedydemon's other cartoons and announcement videos.
4th Logo (February 22, 2011)
This logo contains a jump scare at 0:06-0:08.
Logo: On a white background, we see the demon from the 2nd logo. "HOTDIGGEDYDEMON" is below it. It then fades to the web address on the same background. Then out of nowhere, Catzilla (drawn as a female furry with the head remaining realistic) appears in front of the text.
Technique: Flash animation.
Music/Sounds: Arctic wind blowing. When Catzilla appears, the same high-pitched scream/shriek from the Video Game Videos logo is heard.
Availability: Seen only on The Northern Incident.
5th Logo (January 22, 2016-November 9, 2018)
Logo: On a gray gradient background, a more detailed 3D version of the familiar demon (notice the fur on his chest and "private area", and the frizzles between his eyes) falls down and lands on the center. It straightens up and looks towards the camera. Meanwhile, the web address, now in 3D with white tops and black sides, zooms out below the demon just like in the 3rd logo.
Variant: On Brain Dump, the logo plays on the screen of a TV tube (actually Burnbot).
Technique: 3D animation done in Autodesk Maya.
Music/Sounds: A low pitched version of the 3rd logo's music, with added spooky whistle sounds.
Availability: Seen on Isabelle Ruins Everything (a parody of Animal Crossing) and the Brain Dump series (until the episode No Gimmicks Venom Review).
- Logos with content warnings for graphic violence
- Logos with content warnings for a jump scare
- Logos with content warnings for nudity
- Logos with content warnings for sexual activity
- Logos with content warnings for strong language
- United States
- Animation logos
- Online logos
- American animation logos
- American online logos
- YouTube logos
- Vanity cards