High Score Entertainment
High Score Productions was one of Electronic Arts' development companies that used to develop EA Sports titles, such as the Madden NFL series (EA Tiburon is the developer since 1996), College Football USA (formerly known as Bill Walsh College Football, now known as the NCAA Football series since 1997), and other games. It worked with other developers on some titles as well (Visual Concepts, Tiburon Entertainment, Stormfront Studios, etc.) In 1995, it was renamed to High Score Entertainment.
|1st Logo (June 1993-1997)||2nd Logo (May 6, 1994-March 28, 1996)||3rd Logo (Viewpoint variant) (June 1, 1996)||4th Logo (August 15, 1996-August 6, 1998)|
1st Logo (June 1993-1997)
Logo: On a black background, we see a stone-shaped square on a blue upside-down triangle with a blue sphere with brown liquid on the bottom. Its shadow is displayed behind it. The words "HIGH" and "SCORE" are above and below respectively with "PRODUCTIONS" below it.
- Sometimes under the logo, on EA's Genesis titles, the name of the person or company is under the logo with "AND" above and "PRESENT" below it respectively. Here are the following variations:
- On Madden NFL '94 and '95, it says "WILLIAM ROBINSON".
- On NHL '94 to '97, it says "MARK LESSER".
- On Bill Walsh College Football and '95, it says "JIM SIMMONS".
- On PGA Tour III, it says "POLYGAMES".
- On NHL Hockey for Game Gear, it says "REALTIME ASSOCIATES".
- On IMG International Tour Tennis, it says "TOM McWILLIAMS". Also, the logo is bigger.
- On Normy's Beach Babe-o-Rama, "A" is above the logo and "PRODUCTION" is below the logo respectively, and under the logo, it says "IN ASOCCIATION WITH", which has a spelling mistake on "ASSOCIATION". The Realtime Associates logo follows it.
- On Jungle Strike, it's like the Normy's Beach Babe-o-Rama variant, but with "MIKE POSEHN" added below. Also, "IN ASSOCIATION WITH" is spelled correctly.
- On Bill Walsh College Football and NHL '94 for Sega CD, "PRESENTS" is under the logo. Plus, the logo shines.
- On some EA titles (mostly for SNES and some for Genesis), "AND" is under the logo and one of the developer logos follow it (with "PRESENT" below the developer's logo).
- On the SNES versions of Madden NFL '96, '97 and NHL '96, and the Genesis version of Toughman Contest, the logo is on a white background. On Madden NFL '97, "ENTERTAINMENT" replaces "PRODUCTIONS" (shown before the credits when selected from the Pre-Game, Pause, and other menus).
- On Eagle Eye Mysteries for DOS, the triangle has a space background inside, and the logo is on a blue gradient background due to a coding error.
Technique: None. Sometimes, the logo shines on the "PRESENTS" variant.
Music/Sounds: None. Sometimes, the opening theme of the game is heard.
Availability: Can be seen on most EA Sports titles for Genesis and SNES. Also appears on non-sports titles like Jungle Strike for Genesis, and Eagle Eye Mysteries and Eagle Eye Mysteries in London for DOS. Also appears on NHL Hockey and MLBPA Baseball for Game Gear as well.
2nd Logo (May 6, 1994-March 28, 1996)
Logo: On a cloudy sky background, we see the same stone square on a blue upside-down triangle with a blue sphere with gray liquid on the bottom. Above it is "HIGH SCORE" and below is "PRODUCTIONS" respectively.
Variant: On Extreme Pinball, it is shown on the bottom along with the Electronic Arts logo on the top.
Availability: Can be seen on John Madden Football for 3DO. Also appears on Extreme Pinball for PS1 and PC.
3rd Logo (Viewpoint variant) (June 1, 1996)
Logo: Continuing on where the Electronic Arts logo left off (see here), we move through the space as the cube leaves the screen, while the sphere moves onto the pyramid from the EA logo. The text zooms out, and through a burning effect, "HIGH SCORE ENTERTAINMENT" appears while the sphere turns and glows gold. Then the sphere explodes as the text dissolves, causing a hole in the triangle to appear, which proceeds into the Visual Concepts logo variant (see here) as well.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the game.
Availability: Appears on the PS1 version of Viewpoint.
4th Logo (August 15, 1996-August 6, 1998)
Logo: On a black background, we see some liquid balls raining down and we see a violet-textured upside-down triangle coming from the left rotating, and a stone-shaped square coming from the right rotating, respectively. "HIGH" comes from the top-left, "SCORE" comes from the bottom-right and "ENTERTAINMENT" comes from the bottom, respectively in a "Futured" font, rotating and forming the logo. Then some more liquid balls rain down onto the stone-shaped square to form a red-orange sphere with gray liquid on the bottom with its shadow appearing behind it, forming the logo as some more liquid balls exit the screen.
Variant: On Overblood for PS1 and Fire Fight for PC, the logo is still, and the Electronic Arts logo is shown above.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: A beep sound with some drones, ending in a synth hit.
Availability: Appears on Madden NFL '97 for PS1, Sega Saturn, and PC (before the game starts when the EA Sports team is selected as a Home Team). Also appears on Andretti Racing, Madden NFL '98, NCAA Football '98-'99 and NASCAR '98 for PS1, Saturn and PC as well.