Hallmark Hall of Fame Productions
The first Hallmark Hall of Fame production aired in 1951. Until 1994, there was no production company behind these productions; instead, Hallmark joined forces with various production Companies. Viacom Enterprises (now "CBS Media Ventures") syndicated the movie library during the 1970s and 1980s; this would continue by co-production until 1997.
1st Logo (1986-)
Logo: On a black background, we see a gold line in extreme close-up. It then slowly zooms away to reveal Hallmark's familiar crown logo. Later on, "Hallmark" and "Hall of Fame" zoom out along with it in the familiar cursive font.
- Sometimes, the logo is abridged.
- The logo has been enhanced over the years.
- Zoobilee Zoo used a variant for its funding credits on PBS. We first see a shop with black doors and black and tannish-red walls. Above it is a beige wall with a gold Hallmark logo. The camera zooms back and the shop morphs into the Hallmark crown. We end up with another gold Hallmark logo against a marble blue background, sometimes with "Hall of Fame" below.
- The animation of the shop morphing into the Hallmark logo was also used in some Hallmark commercials during the 1980's as seen in this ad.
- Another "ZZ" variant shows several people walking in and out of a Hallmark shop (preferably in a mall), which the camera zooms back from to the point the shop's sign is visible. It then fades to a gold Hallmark logo, possibly the same as the regular variant. It shines all the way through once revealed.
Technique: The zooming. For the funding variant, the shop morphing.
Music/Sounds: None or the end theme of the show.
- The Zoobilee Zoo variant has an announcer saying "Zoobilee Zoo is underwritten by Hallmark. Hallmark is pleased to bring you the very best in children's entertainment".
- On the DVD of O Pioneers!, the early alternate 8 note fanfare from the Hallmark Entertainment logo is heard.
Availability: Seen on Hallmark Hall of Fame movies and Zoobilee Zoo reruns.
2nd Logo (1994-1997)
Logo: On a black background, we see a square with rounded edges. Inside there is the Hallmark crown and under it is "Hallmark Hall of Fame" in the Hallmark corporate signature font. "PRODUCTIONS" is under the square.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of a certain Hallmark Hall of Fame movie.
Availability: Seen on Hallmark Hall of Fame movies of the era.