Hal Roach Studios
1st Logo (1985?-1986?)
Logo: On a black background, the words "HAL ROACH STUDIOS" in orange and in an Art Deco font appears. The word "presents" in white appears below it.
Music/Sounds: None, but, as a result of plastering, the fanfare from whatever logo on the original print would play over this one.
Availability: Practically extinct. Was seen on Roach's Award Quality Movie Greats VHS collection, which has been out of print for years.
2nd Logo (1986?-1988)
The video of this logo may be too loud or severely distorted.
Logo: On a changing brownish gradient background, we see a silver box with the following text in an angular, art-deco font shifting from the right:
The box has line borders between each word. After it stops shifting, a bar of light shimmers the box from the right, eventually stopping.
- At the beginning of television shows and some distributed movies, a silver bar with "P R E S E N T S" is shown.
- Some programs feature the copyright line below the logo.
Technique: Early CGI animation, simple but effective for the time.
Music/Sounds: 2 loud whooshes.
- Sometimes, only 1 whoosh is heard.
- Other times, the end title theme from any show carries over this logo.
- Was seen on colorized versions of movies such as the Video Treasures release of It's a Wonderful Life.
- This also appeared at the end of early episodes of Kids Incorporated.
- This logo can be seen on The Laurel and Hardy Show on This TV and TCM broadcasts of Topper Returns.
- Recently appeared at the beginning of an INSP airing of Angel and the Badman.