Government of Canada
The Government of Canada is the federal administration of Canada. For several decades, they have funded many films and movies produced in Canada.
(January 19, 1998-)
Logo: Essentially consists of the text "Canada" with the Maple Leaf flag positioned on the top right. Usually, this logo is accompanied with the text "The Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit" either over or underneath.
- Sometimes, the logo has a shadow effect.
- In some instances, the logo is inside a white box.
- The tax credit notice may be in a stacked format.
- On some shows and movies, the Maple Leaf flag is white.
- A variant exists where the Canada logo is thinner. This was used mainly until 2005, with appearances on some programs until 2009.
- On Flying Rhino Junior High, the logo is orange.
- On Bad Dog, the logo is inside a black box.
- On The Berenstain Bears, the logo has a blurry black outline.
- A variant exists where the logo is white and to the left of it is "Funded by the Government of Canada" separated by a line. This was seen on a handful of TV shows and movies.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the show/movie.
Availability: Ultra common. Seen at the end of many movies and TV shows over the course of two decades. One of its earliest appearances was on season 3 of Stickin' Around. Several shows including said cartoon that premiered before this logo's debuted such as Tales from the Cryptkeeper, Katie and Orbie, and Little Bear began using this logo in their 3rd, 4th, and 5th season respectively. However, shows like the Total Drama franchise, Martha Speaks, My Babysitter's A Vampire and Grojband have the Department of Canadian Heritage logo instead of this one.
- Canada logo on Wikipedia