Gary Sanchez Productions
This is the production company of director Adam McKay and actor Will Ferrell, who are also the founders of the humor website "Funny or Die". The name on the logo refers to a fictional Paraguayan entrepreneur and financier who is supposedly acquainted with the two men. According to McKay, on the podcast WTF with Marc Maron, the name came from a fake name Ferrell put on his BlackBerry; they decided this was a random enough name to give their company.
On April 8, 2019, it was announced that Ferrell and McKay would be dissolving their partnership, and that all developed projects at that time would continue to be completed. In January 2020, it was announced that Ferrell opened the doors of Gloria Sanchez Productions, taking on new projects with a reorganized company.
Logo: A white screen opens and an above shot of a coffee cup on a saucer fades into view. Two gunshots ring out, then a pistol, still smoking from being fired, is tossed beside to the cup and saucer. As the camera pulls back, a black sleeved hand appear on the bottom left corner carrying a small silver kettle. The hand pours the kettle into the cup, which is full of black coffee. After the cup is filled, the hand quickly disappears and the camera stops at a shot of a full cup of coffee in a saucer with a pistol next to it. A man's voice says something in Spanish ("¿Esta bien, duro (?), a'ight?") and three more gunshots are heard. During those gunshots, a little white star appears over the coffee cup and the text "GARY SANCHEZ PRODUCTIONS" appears slightly to the left underneath the coffee cup and the pistol.
- On The Foot Fist Way, the camera zooms out from the cup, the gun is already in place, everything is seen from a slightly different angle, and logo is tinted in silver.
- Starting in 2013, the pistol has been replaced with a whip.
- For the television version, the logo is still.
- A short version exists.
- On Bad Judge, the whip is absent.
- On The House, the logo is lit up as a neon sign like the other studio logos.
- On Motherland: Fort Salem, the logo is in open matte and next to the Hyperobject Industries logo.
Technique: Mostly live-action, done by Picturemill.
- (January 2006-January 25, 2013): Five gunshots (two before the pistol is tossed beside the cup, three more near the very end), the hand pouring coffee into the cup, and a man's raspy (if not slightly accented) voice. Beginning with 2012's Bachelorette, the sound effects are enhanced and the voiceover is removed.
- (December 18, 2013-): Five whip strikes (two before the whip is laid beside the cup, three more after that), sound of whip tossing and coffee pouring, with no voiceover.
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters has the opening soundtrack to the movie with the sound effects heard.
- On Casa de mi Padre, as an inverting joke referencing the film being in Spanish, a different male voiceover says "Ahh, delicious."
- The TV version usually has the closing theme of the show or none.
Availability: Common. First appeared on the 2006 film The Foot Fist Way and has since appeared on every film. It also appears on all their shows starting with Eastbound and Down. Despite the company dissolving in 2019, this still appears on content produced by them. However, this does not appear on The Menu (2022) despite them being involved.