EA Tiburon was founded in 1994 as "Tiburon Entertainment" in Orlando, Florida. In 1998, it was acquired by Electronic Arts and was renamed to "EA Tiburon". It is best known for the Madden NFL series (since 1995; starting with the SNES version of Madden NFL '96) and the NCAA Football (originally known as College Football USA) series (since 1996).
1st Logo (1995-1997)
Logo: On a white background, we see a gray-gradient rectangle with "TIBURON" in the Friz Quadrata font on it with a gradient colored line in it. Above it is a hammerhead shark with different textures on it, depending on each game. Below the logo is "ENTERTAINMENT" in the Kabel font, spaced to fit the width of the logo. There is a shadow behind the logo.
Variants: There are many different variations of the logo, mainly the texture on the hammerhead shark and the "TIBURON" text's color gradient.
- Madden NFL '96 and '97 (SNES): The hammerhead shark has an American football texture on it. Plus, the gradient color in "TIBURON" is green.
- NHL '96 (SNES): The hammerhead shark has an icy ground-like texture on it. Plus, the gradient color in "TIBURON" is sky blue.
- College Football USA '97 (Genesis): It's the same as the Madden variants, except there are white lines on the left and right of the shark. Plus, the gradient color in "TIBURON" is burnt orange.
- Mechwarrior 3050 (SNES): The hammerhead shark has a green computerized texture on it and its eye is red. Plus, the gradient color in "TIBURON" is the same as the Madden variants and the background is black.
- Nuclear Strike (PC) and Soviet Strike (Saturn): The hammerhead shark has a green army styled texture on it. Plus, the rectangle is brown and it has a stone like-texture on it, the gradient color in "TIBURON" is the same as the NHL '96 variant, and "ENTERTAINMENT" is sky blue. The background is a red-black gradient lava-like background.
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening theme of the game.
Availability: Appears on Tiburon games from the time period.
- As for Madden NFL '97, it, along with the High Score Entertainment logo, appears when you select Credits from the pre-game, halftime and some other menus.
- As for College Football USA '97, it, along with the High Score logo, appears when you select Credits from the main menu.
- As for Soviet Strike, it appears after you wait long enough on the title screen.
2nd Logo (September 11, 1996-August 1, 1998)
Logo: Against an underwater background, we see 6 hammerhead sharks swimming underwater. 2 of them are in the front, while 4 of them are in the back. As they swim closer, we see some fishes swimming through in front of the sharks. As more fishes swim through, the front left hammerhead shark notices them and chases after them to scare them. Then the screen fades into the Tiburon logo from before, waving for a few seconds as it becomes normal. There are a few differences here from the previous logo; the hammerhead shark has an American football texture like before from the Madden variants, the rectangular shape is blue and it has a water-like texture on it, "TIBURON" has more gradient colors inside it (normally light blue-green, and "ENTERTAINMENT" is in a blue-purple gradient color.
Variant: One variant has the logo moved up a bit to have the website URL "http://www.tibent.com" fade in below the logo.
Technique: The animation of the sharks, the waves in the logo.
Music/Sounds: Some kind of Jaws-styled music with the sound of water waves when the logo appears.
Availability: Appears on Madden NFL '97 for PlayStation and Saturn (before the game starts, when the Tiburon team is selected as a home team). Also appears on Madden NFL '98 for PlayStation and Saturn, NCAA Football '98 and NCAA Football '99 for PlayStation.