DreamWorks Pictures/Logo Variations
These are the logo variations seen throughout the years by DreamWorks Pictures, with more to be added overtime.
Deep Impact (1998):
- The completed logo has stars in the sky, which stay intact when the logo fades out.
The Road to El Dorado (2000):
- The logo pans up into the clouds.
- The logo is sepia-toned.
- The "S"s in the "DreamWorks" text and "SKG" turn green and pop out ogre-like ears. This hints at Fiona's nightly transformation into an ogre.
- The DreamWorks moon appears on the door of Shrek's toilet. A concept logo was planned for the logo to fade into the door.
Minority Report (2002):
- The DreamWorks logo and the 20th Century Fox logo take place in underwater scenery.
The Ring (2002):
- The DreamWorks logo plays, but it is tinted in verdigris and half of the titular ring flashes on the moon. The logo also has a VHS effect to it as well.
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003):
- The "DREAMWORKS SKG" text is already in place when the clouds pans away, and the text then goes flying to start the movie. This was the last animated film by DreamWorks to use the regular DreamWorks logo.
The Cat in the Hat (2003):
- The logo is animated in the same style as the book. Also, the fishing boy is seen wearing the same hat as the title character. This was designed by Imaginary Forces.
- The DreamWorks logo and the Paramount logo are in black and white.
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) and War of the Worlds (2005):
- The DreamWorks logo's original 16:9 aspect ratio is slightly zoomed out and even has black bars at the top and bottom. Only seen on 35mm "open-matte" film scan prints.
Just Like Heaven (2005):
- The camera pans down into the clouds.
The Island (2005):
- The "DREAMWORKS" text is sea blue and outlined yellow, put upon a black background, and zooms toward us, as the Warner Bros. logo follows suit.
Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima (both 2006):
- The logo is in black and white.
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007):
- The logo is darker. Ominous funeral music plays over the logo, starting even before, during the Warner Bros logo.
The Kite Runner (2007):
- The logo isn't animated.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) and I Am Number Four (2011):
- The logo is darker than usual. On the latter, when the animation finishes, the logo pans to the right into a cloudy sky.
Fright Night (2011):
- The logo has an ominous dark viridian color, and the camera pans down into the opening of the movie when it's complete. Also, on the second half of the logo, the clouds look different.
Need for Speed (2014):
- Exactly the same as the Gladiator variant, but the logo begins where the company name is revealed from a cloud transition. The Reliance and EA logos are also in sepia.
Bridge of Spies (2015):
- The logo is sped up and silent.
The Girl on the Train (2016), The Post (2017) and The Turning (2020):
- It's sped up, but it has the respective film's opening theme unlike Bridge of Spies.
Ghost in the Shell (2017):
- The logo is darker than usual and the first few seconds are cut.
- The logo is tinted in light blue and cut to the last few seconds.