Disney XD Originals
On February 13, 2009, the Walt Disney Company's Disney-ABC Television Group relaunched Toon Disney and Jetix in the United States as "Disney XD". Its logo for its original production unit debuted on its first original series Aaron Stone.
1st Logo (February 13, 2009-October 22, 2016)
Logo: We see the Disney XD logo on a wooden table. As the camera moves out to reveal a blue lined background with a shadow of the windows, it stands up. The word "ORIGINAL" on a blue rectangle comes out from inside the "D".
- On co-commissioned or co-produced third-party programming, "ORIGINAL" doesn't appear from inside the "D".
- On Tron: Uprising (excluding the pilot), the logo was redone in cyan glowing lines, with "ORIGINAL" below it. It also transitions from the custom Disney Television Animation logo. On episodes 2-3 of the aforementioned show, it is lower and layered over said logo.
- There is a still in-credit version.
- A sped-up variant exists.
- On Packages from Planet X, the text "A DHX Media Inc. Production in association with" appears above the logo.
- On season 1 of Star Wars Rebels, the logo was redone in CGI with a globe behind it. The word "ORIGINAL" appears below XD.
FX/SFX: The logo standing up. Cool animation.
Music/Sounds: The network's eight-note theme played by a rock 'n roll guitar with a male voice-over saying "YES!" on the guitar's ninth and final note. Sometimes, the end-title theme from any show plays over the logo.
- Sometimes, there is no voiceover.
- On many episodes of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, a line from the episode plays along with the no voiceover theme.
- The original audio may be shortened at times.
- Otherwise, it’s silent.
Availability: Common. It's seen on original shows on Disney XD, such as Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Lab Rats, Kickin' It, Crash & Bernstein, Mighty Med, The 7D, and re-runs of Kick Buttowskiː Suburban Daredevil and Pair of Kings, among others. This oddly enough doesn't appear on the first 3 episodes of season 2 of Gravity Falls, but it appears on every episode after "The Sock Opera". This was switched to the next logo, although this logo was still used on later season 2 episodes of Wander Over Yonder and Kirby Buckets as well as Lab Rats: Elite Force.
Editors Note: None.
2nd Logo (June 20, 2016-)
This logo contains flashing images that may cause seizures in some viewers.
Please do not watch the videos of this logo if you are prone to seizures.
Logo: We see some brief shots of letters from the word "ORIGINAL" on different color backgrounds, which are, in order of appearance:
- A gray "O" with a yellow background.
- A lime "R" with a gray background.
- The letters "O" and "R" in gray with a light blue background.
- The letters "O", "R", "I", and "G" in lime with a gray background.
- The letters "O", "R", "I", "G", "I" and "N" in gray with a magenta background.
- The word "ORIGINAL" in gray on a yellow background.
Each shot quickly slides down to reveal the next one until all the shots slide down and reveal a modified Disney XD logo (where the Disney logo is smaller and is lined up with the "X") on a gray background. The "D" slides out from the "X" a bit. Below the logo is the word "ORIGINAL".
- Starting in 2017, the background is black. However, the sneak peek of DuckTales (2017), which was uploaded to Disney XD's YouTube channel on March 3, 2017, used the previous version.
- There is a still version (sometimes in-credit) which lacks the word “ORIGINAL”.
FX/SFX: Fast-paced animation.
Music/Sounds: It uses a 5-note chime, a "swoosh" like sound effect and a final 4-note synth. Sometimes, it's sped up. Like the first logo, sometimes it uses the ending theme of the show.
Availability: It was first seen on LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures and other new Disney XD Original shows, such as later episodes of Walk The Prank and season 2 episodes of Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything. Starting in 2018, this logo doesn't appear anymore due to unknown reasons, but it made a surprise reappearance on Roman To The Rescue.
Editor's Note: The fast-paced animation could cause seizures.