Disney Channel Movie Intros
1st Logo (2000-2006)
- 2000-2002: We begin on a space background as we see the Zoog Disney "Zoog" logo and some people jumping on it; the logo sparkle as this happens. We then cut to the people jumping, with a girl in front of them. The background flashes into a sky background, and a filmstrip appears with copies of the 1999 Disney Channel logo with the inside of the logo turning blue, yellow and green, as we move in a rollercoaster-like fashion. Six boys jump towards the screen. As this happens, the background switches to a swirl made with filmstrips; a multicolored background then appears and we cut to a rollercoaster-like fashion view of the swirly filmstrips. The boy in a red hoodie jumps towards the screen and falls down, transitioning to another filmstrip view with two boys and a girl jumping. As the screen switches to a different view, another girl appears and slides up. We then cut to another different view of the swirly filmstrips with three boys. We cut to yet another different view with the two boys as a girl jumps through the filmstrips that make a round shape. We cut to the same filmstrips with copies of a blue background, a girl dives into a filmstrip that creates copies of her head, and we see a boy jumping. Finally, we cut to the same green filmstrips as we zoom out to reveal the Zoog Movie logo, which then slams into the screen and flashes; as it does, the filmstrip scrolls up to the screen, covering the logo, and we see the Disney Channel logo.
- 2002-2006: On the same space background as before, the "DiSNEY CHANNEL" text scrolls to the left as we see the girl from before and two boys jumping. The "Mickey Mouse Head" logo is also on the filmstrips now instead of the "Psychedelic Disney" logo. The Zoog Movie logo at the end is also replaced with something similar to the 2002 Disney Channel Originals logo, with the "DiSNEY CHANNEL" text starting off as blue, which turns black after the logo sets its position, and the banner reading "mOVIe" instead. After the banner sets its position, the same blue filmstrips come out of the right ear of the logo, as we see a boy falling and another boy jumping towards us.
Technique: Live-action and CGI animation produced by PMcD Design and animated by Black Logic.
- 2000-2002: A female choir singing "It's the right time for a Zoog Movie, yeah!" multiple times throughout over a techno fanfare.
- 2002-2006: A triumphant, ska-influenced fanfare along with a choir singing "Let's watch a Disney Channel Movie!" multiple times throughout. Composed by Eric Perlmutter of Tonal Sound and Elias Associates.
Music/Sounds Variant: An ambient synth transitioning into a slightly different techno fanfare, with "Let's watch a Disney Channel Movie!" being said in a European language, was used before movies that aired on Disney Channel in European countries.
Availability: Extinct. Was used before movies that aired on Disney Channel.
2nd Logo (November 2006-December 2008, March 2, 2009)
Logo: On a black background, we see a spark appear from the bottom right side of the screen before it hits the center of the screen and become copies of Mickey Mouse's head (recycled from the long version of the 2002 Disney Channel Originals logo) before it fades into the same footage from the the previous logo with a girl jumping towards us with two other boys behind her with a green line moving around onscreen. It then cuts multiple shots from the previous logo with various effects to the footage including some where the color tinted yellow, some lines are moving around onscreen, etc. Logo ends with the same kid jumping towards us and the logo wobbling before it quickly "speeds" up.
Variant: An unused variant exists.
Technique: Same as before.
Music/Sounds: Starts off with a sparkling noise for the spark animation before cutting to a techno theme mixed with various sounds including multiple voices saying "Disney Channel", some laughs, and finally a voice saying "Disney Channel Movie!". Composed by D.S. Ramirez.
Availability: Extinct. Was used before movies that aired on Disney Channel between November 2006 and December 2008 before being replaced with the intro below. However, it makes a surprise appearance on a March 2, 2009 airing of the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, due to an error using the 2008 opening, accidentally using the 2006 opening instead.
3rd Logo (December 2008-May 2014)
Logo: We quickly zoom through a stage background with "STAGE 1" on both sides of a door that has the 2002 Disney Channel Movie logo on it, the door opens up and we zoom through multiple pop-up book-like cut outs of multiple Disney Channel Original Movie scenes and characters which varies throughout the years. At the end of each montage, the Disney Channel Movie logo zooms out on a blue background with the logo contained with in a piece of a filmstrip while dust emerges from the logo's outline.
- 2008-2010: We start off with a school corridor with Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez from the High School Musical franchise singing together with a sign that says "Wildcats Trounces the Knights", Wendy Wu from Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior doing a pose, Kelly Collins from Cadet Kelly smiling and doing a salute behind a booth with stars on top, and Marnie Piper and Ethan Dalloway from Return to Halloweentown standing to the right of Kelly's booth. Then, it goes through a street with Izzy Daniels from Jump In! jumping rope with Shauna Lewis and Keisha Ray. Also on the street is Camryn Barnes and Alex Fielding from the Twitches series casting a spell in front of a yellow taxi. Behind the taxi is Ren and Louis Stevens from The Even Stevens Movie hugging while Calvin Wheeler from Life is Ruff is holding onto a dog while on a skateboard. We then cut to a celebration with confetti with the Cheetah Girls from The Cheetah Girls: One World while Sharpay and Ryan Evans also from High School Musical is on a ladder while a pre-teen and teenager version of Zenon Kar from the Zenon series stands next to each other. Johnny Kapahala from Johnny Tsunami is seen riding on a snowboard while we zoom into the Final Jam stage from Camp Rock while 3 masked people wearing white suits from Minutemen is on the right of the stage before ending with a shot of Troy giving Gabriella a necklace while she looks down on a city skyline with palm trees.
- 2010-2012: We start off in a cave with Justin and Alex Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie where Justin is holding a purple object while him and Alex is looking at it. Behind them is their parents Theresa and Jerry Russo both staring at each other in excitement while Max Russo is seen with a wand looking towards them. Zooming on in is three men all in white, presumably from Minutemen running while zooming in to a pond where Jessica Olson from StarStruck is seen splashing Christopher Wilde with water. While the Connect 3 Band and Mitchie Torres from Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam is seen standing on some grass. Cleatus Poole is then seen giving Pete "The Chicken" (both from Hatching Pete) a piggy back ride while in front of a set of bleachers with people while Troy Bolton from High School Musical is in basketball attire holding a basketball while Alex and Emily Pearson from Den Brother is in troop camp attire. It then cuts to a similar celebration scene with The Cheetah Girls from The Cheetah Girls: One World with Alex Russo is seen in the center with a wand and a pre-teen and teenager version of Zenon Kar from the Zenon series standing next to each other. It then ends by zooming into Olivia White and Wen Gifford from Lemonade Mouth performing on a some stairs with Olivia singing and Wen playing a keytar.
- 2012-2014: TBA.
Technique: CGI animation produced by Monkeyhead and animated by Mac&Cheez.
Music/Sounds: An orchestral rendition of the Disney Channel jingle at the time.
4th Logo (May 2014-March 2017)
Logo: We see a 3D Disney Channel logo in different environments which vary. They usually end with the Disney Channel logo at the time on a sky background with a white box formed by 2 3D ribbons and "MOVIE" in 3D flying into the box.
Variant: These are the sequences for each variant:
- Version 1: The logo is seen near the Great Wall of China, a bridge in the Alps, an American village, the Tower Bridge of London, and a farm field.
- Another version swaps the view of the American village with a view of Bangkok in Thailand, and the farm field with a shot of a tropical island area with hills.
- Version 2: The logo is seen on a suburban area near sunrise, above a bridge in Amsterdam, a waterfall (possibly in Britain), the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and the Monument Valley rocks of Arizona.
- A version features the Monument Valley section replaced with a different view of a hilly farm field with a mountain behind.
- Version 3: The logo is seen near a forest with falling leaves, near a farm with multiple air balloons, above New York, near a Japanese lake with a torii gate, and a hilly area with farm fields.
Technique: A combination of live-action and CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: An orchestral theme, followed by another orchestral rendition of the Disney Channel theme, kinda like the previous rendition but reorchestrated and slightly lower pitch.
5th Logo (March 2017-April 2019)
Technique: CGI animation.
6th Logo (April 2019-)
Technique: CGI animation.