DisneyToon Studios was established in January 2003, when a reorganization of Disney's animation studios resulted in Walt Disney Television Animation's "Disney MovieToons/Disney Video Premieres" unit (a merger of "Disney MovieToons" and "Walt Disney Video Premiere") which had been producing direct-to-video (and occasionally theatrical) sequels to the company's animated classics, spinning off and being made a division of Walt Disney Feature Animation. On June 28, 2018, DisneyToon Studios was shut down, laying off over 75 employees.
1st Logo (February 10-November 3, 2004 (in-credit only), February 11, 2005-August 13, 2010)
Logo: On a white background, a red oval appears. Mickey Mouse peeks out of the oval, then climbs out of it. He proceeds to paint the words:
S T U D I O S
with "DiSNEY" in its corporate font. Mickey goes back into the oval, holds his hands up, and turns into a white silhouette.
Variant: An in-credit version exists, witch have a PRODUCED BY words under the logo. It appeared at the end of all films, witch have this logo.
Technique: 2D animation. Character animation was done by Andreas Deja while special/visual effects were done by Marvin Petilla. Scrolling (2004 - 2009) or fading in and out (2008 - 2010) for variant.
Music/Sounds: A nice orchestrated theme that accompanies Mickey's actions. The ending theme of the movie for variant.
Availability: Seen on 2004-2010 company films. The Lion King 1½, Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas, Mulan II and Winnie the Pooh - Springtime with Roo only have the in-credit version of this logo at the end of the credits, followed by the Walt Disney Pictures logo.
2nd Logo (August 16, 2012-March 3, 2015)
Logo: On a black background, a spotlight at the top of the screen rotates counterclockwise to reveal a parchment background as the light shines through it (a la the Walt Disney Animation Studios logo), on which "DiSNEY" is printed in its usual corporate font used in the 2006 Disney logo. The word "TOON", in similar font, is then wiped in next to "DiSNEY" by a small sprinkling of fairy dust, and then the word "S T U D I O S" in a plain font fades in below "DiSNEYTOON", and continues to slowly zoom in until the logo fades out.
- In 2013, beginning with Planes (closing), the logo is enhanced with "TOON" wiping in with fairy dust.
- At the end of the Planes, the logo is in-credit along with the PRODUCED BY words (like the previous logo)
- Planes: Fire & Rescue had two variants of the logo:
- At the beginning of the film, after the logo animation is finished, Wings Across the Globe's players fly past the logo, proceeding to the first scene of the film.
- At the end of the film, the logo is shortened. The light rotates faster, "S T U D I O S" already there, and "TOON" wipes in after that.
Technique: Simple but effective CGI. Fading in and out for in-credit version.
Music/Sounds: A calming violin piece, with sparkly sound effects accompanying the on-screen fairy dust.
- On Planes: Fire & Rescue, the opening theme of the movie (at the beginning) and none (at the end)
- In-credit version uses the closing therme of the movie.
Availability: Seen on the final films from the company before its closure, from Secret of the Wings to Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast.