Dickhouse Productions was Jackass director Jeff Tremaine's former production company, originally known as "Jackass Productions". According to co-founder Marc McKee, the name originated from a meeting between him, Tremaine, and Steve Rocco to decide on a publishing company name for their Big Brother skateboarding magazine; McKee suggested the final name after Rocco disagreed with Tremaine's suggestion (Dick Incorporated).
In 2014, the company rebranded as Gorilla Flicks; despite this, the Dickhouse name is still used for its publishing division and on merchandise.
|1st Logo (February 18-August 12, 2001, 2002)||2nd Logo (September 2001-April 3, 2014, February 4-May 20, 2022)||3rd Logo (October 25, 2002)|
1st Logo (February 18-August 12, 2001, 2002)
Logo: Depending on the episode, we see the sculpture of a rooster in various real-life places, with the words:
superimposed on the scene in white.
Music/Sounds: The sounds of the Jackass cast.
Availability: Seen on all episodes of seasons 2-3 of Jackass, as well as The Making of Jackass: The Movie.
2nd Logo (September 2001-June 15, 2014, February 4-May 20, 2022)
Logo: On a black background, a spark swirls around and forms a rainbow, while the word "dickhouse" appears from a flash below.
- Sometimes, the text "jackassworld.com" appears below "dickhouse" via another spark.
- On Loiter Squad, the logo is extended at the end, as it pings three times.
- On some episodes of Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and Ridiculousness, the logo is cut short.
- On Jackass: The Game, the logo is smaller and still.
- There are two extended variants:
- A mouth opens up (possibly that of Jackass' Steve-O), followed by several multicolored lights, ribbons, and butterflies flying toward us. Some of the ribbons curl up into the rainbow, ending with a spark swirling around and forming "dickhouse" below. The logo is more zoomed in than usual.
- A rooster flies upwards, with feathers flying everywhere. The rooster then falls downwards and a spark swirls around forming the logo, which is similar to the Loiter Squad variant.
- At the end of the Jackass movies, the logo is scrolling in the credits along with the MTV Films (MTV Entertainment Studios on Jackass Forever and Jackass 4.5) logo (save for Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa and Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa .5, which have no MTV logo).
- In the case of Jackass: The Movie, Jackass Number Two and Jackass 2.5, the word "PRODUCTIONS" is under the "dickhouse" text.
Technique: 2D animation. The 2nd extended variant is mixed with live-action.
Music/Sounds: Some twinkling, accompanied by a chicken squawk (sourced from the Warner Bros. sound library).
- The 1st extended variant uses a yawning sound with loud whooshes and a synth drone as the colors fly around, ending with twinkling and a distorted screaming cluck.
- The 2nd extended variant uses the sound of the rooster's wings flapping, ending with twinkling and the screaming cluck, as well as three more pings.
- On some episodes of Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and Ridiculousness, and Jackass: The Game, the logo is silent.
- After mid-episode breaks on Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and Ridiculousness, Rob Dyrdek was heard over the logo as a continuity announcer. This is sometimes retained on reruns.
- It was originally seen on reruns of Jackass and continued to appear on other Jackass related media, including Jackass: The Game for PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS, and the 2009 special Steve-O: Demise and Rise.
- Also seen on Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory (except for season 7, which was produced by Gorilla Flicks), the first four seasons of Ridiculousness and seasons 1-2 of Loiter Squad.
- The 1st extended version is seen on Jackass Number Two, Jackass 2.5 and The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
- The 2nd extended version is seen on Jackass 3D, Jackass 3.5, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa and Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa .5.
- The closing variant is seen on all films from the Jackass franchise.
- Despite the rebrand to Gorilla Flicks in 2014, this logo was surprisingly used on Jackass Forever and Jackass 4.5.
3rd Logo (October 25, 2002)
Logo: Against a dark sky with rolling clouds, we zoom toward the shadow of a rooster facing left. Some lightning flashes occur, briefly revealing the rooster. Then, the rooster is fully revealed as the company name from the 1st logo fades in below. The rooster turns its head toward us and blinks a few times.
Technique: Stop motion and live-action footage.
Music/Sounds: The Funeral March and thunderclaps with a metallic cling for the first clap. A chicken squawk is heard at the end.
Availability: Only seen at the beginning of Jackass: The Movie.