Debmar-Mercury is a syndication company that was formed in 2006 as a merger between Debmar Studios and Mercury Entertainment. The company was bought on July 12, 2006 by Lionsgate and became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
1st Logo (Summer-Fall 2006)
Logo: On a white background, we see a film negative with a jaguar, leaping halfway out of the negative. Above the logo, in Copperplate Gothic, is "DEBMAR-MERCURY".
Availability: Can be seen on Animal Atlas and Safari Tracks episodes from the era.
2nd Logo (Fall 2006- )
Logo: Same as the Debmar Studios logo, but the text now reads "DEBMAR-MERCURY" in Copperplate Gothic, and it takes place on a black background with a green glow in the center.
- A still version exists.
- A more common variant doesn't include the jaguar's hind legs.
- Long, very long, and short versions of this logo exist.
- On syndie prints of Tosh-O, the logo fades out; 20th Television fades in afterward.
- A silent version was seen on a Showtime free view on demand airing of the pilot of Weeds, followed by the Showtime and Lionsgate logos.
- 2010-: The logo is enhanced.
- September 12, 2011-: The logo has the byline "A LIONSGATE® COMPANY" underneath the word "MERCURY".
- Sometimes, the Lionsgate byline fades in. This is only seen on some episodes of The Jeremy Kyle Show.
- September 10, 2012-: On Family Feud, the logo cuts off right before it's completely formed.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: Same as the Debmar Studios logo. This would later be changed to some different-sounding chimes and whooshes, ending in a different roar soundbite; this version began use on September 22, 2008, and was used in tandem with the 2003 roar until 2011.
- Sometimes, it's the closing theme of the show.
- Beginning September 12, 2011, the last two notes of the 2006 Lionsgate Films theme are heard with the 2008 roar.
- There is a warp speed version.
- Long version: On some episodes of The Jeremy Kyle Show, the 2008 music plays first followed by the last two notes from the 2005 Lionsgate Films theme.
- September 10, 2012: On Family Feud, there is a higher pitched of the jaguar's roar while the last two notes of the 2006 Lionsgate Films theme are playing.
- On the Anger Management TV series, it's the jaguar's roar before cutting to the Lionsgate Television logo.
Availability: Common. It's seen on post-2007 episodes of Family Feud, The Wendy Williams Show, Are We There Yet?: The Series, and local reruns of The Dead Zone, Farscape, Tyler Perry's House of Payne, Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns, and South Park. This logo can also be seen after all Lionsgate-owned movies on television as well as syndicated prints of Revolution Studios movies such as Zoom and xXx: State of The Union. When G4 aired The Man Show, this logo appeared at the end. The long version can be found on a few episodes of Tyler Perry's House of Payne and Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns. The 2011 version can be seen on more recent prints of Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns and a syndicated print of The Brothers Solomon. The long version of the 2011 logo appears on a syndicated print of the 2007 film Perfect Stranger. The logo appears on Schitt's Creek.