Cartoon Network Games
This article covers logos that contain flashing images.
Cartoon Network Games (known as Cartoon Network Interactive before 2014) is the developer and publisher of video games based on Cartoon Network's animated shows. Established in 2000, the division primarily makes games for mobile devices and their website, after switching from home consoles in the early 2010s.
Cartoon Network Interactive
1st Logo (November 14, 2000-July 20, 2001)
Logo: We see the 1992-2004 Cartoon Network logo on a white background.
- On Yogi Bear: Great Balloon Blast, the Boomerang logo appears above.
- On The Powerpuff Girls games, the WBIE logo is shown above the logo.
- On Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes!, Yogi Bear: Great Balloon Blast, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, copyright info is shown below.
- On Foster's Home for the Imaginary Friends, the 2004 Cartoon Network logo appears above.
Availability: Seen on early Cartoon Network games for Game Boy Color and also seen on Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes! for Game Boy Advance.
2nd Logo (November 14, 2001-June 28, 2006)
Logo: The 1992-2004 Cartoon Network logo appears from the top and emerges a blue beam from its bottom. Various CN-series characters (in the following order: Johnny Bravo, Courage, Jack [from Samurai Jack], Bubbles, Mojo Jojo, Ed, Dexter and Dee Dee) are sucked from the bottom and into the CN logo. Then a grey plate with "INTERACTIVE" on it with a green cartridge piece follows and sticks to the logo. Then the logo shines.
Trivia: The animations of Courage (both the main and later variants), Bubbles (main variant only), Mojo Jojo (main variant only), Ed (both the main and later variants), Dexter (main variant only) and Dee Dee (main variant only) were recycled from Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, a block that ran on Cartoon Network from 1999 to 2003.
- Depending on the variant, here are the following characters from different CN shows that are sucked into the CN logo: Johnny Bravo (from Johnny Bravo), Courage (from Courage the Cowardly Dog), Jack (from Samurai Jack), Bubbles and Mojo Jojo (from The Powerpuff Girls), Ed (from Ed, Edd n Eddy) and Dexter and Dee Dee (both from Dexter's Laboratory). On The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage, the copyright appears under the logo after the animation is done.
- There is another variant where the blue beam is darker, and the cartridge and "INTERACTIVE" text are a brighter green. Plus, different CN characters are sucked this time: Numbuh 1 (from Codename: Kids Next Door), Courage (from Courage the Cowardly Dog), Johnny Bravo (from Johnny Bravo), Chicken (from Cow & Chicken), Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup in their poses (from The Powerpuff Girls), Dexter (from Dexter's Laboratory), Grim (from Grim & Evil/The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy), Ed (from Ed, Edd n Eddy) and Jack (from Samurai Jack).
- There is a still version of the logo that appears on a white background or sometimes, a black background. Sometimes, there is a copyright info under the logo.
Technique: Flat 3D animation.
Music/Sounds: UFO beam sounds. None for the still variants.
- The still variant appears on CN games like The Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-traction for N64 and PS1, CN games for GBA and Dexter's Laboratory: Science Ain't Fair and The Powerpuff Girls: Mojo Jojo's Pet Project for PC.
- The main animated variant appears on CN games like Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab? for PS1, Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures and The Powerpuff Girls games like Relish Rampage.
- The later animated variant appears on some later CN games like Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku and The Powerpuff Girls: Princess Snorebucks.
3rd Logo (May 24-October 13, 2006)
Logo: The 2004 Cartoon Network logo appears. Suddenly the "C" becomes an eye and blinks, then the two parts disperse like rubber and crash each other, shaking the eye. The name appears below.
Technique: Flash animation.
Music/Sounds: A cuckoo sound and the crash.
Music/Sounds Trivia: The sound of the crash was recycled from a Cartoon Network bumper from 2004-2005.
Availability: Appears only on Teen Titans for PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.
4th Logo (October 10, 2006-February 12, 2010)
Logo: On a green background with a green button, a hand (possibly Billy's from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy) pushes the button, which involves various CN-based characters (Billy laughing at Grim's underwear but Mandy is not amused, Ed, Double D, and Eddy stacked on each other, frightened, Bloo tackles Mac, and showing Ben Tennyson and his nine aliens). They begin to appear faster, until the background changes to black with the 2004 Cartoon Network logo (where the "N" is different as the "I") with "interactive" at the bottom. The logo glows green, and the button is still intact.
Variant: There is a still variant that takes place on a white background.
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: A few button pressing sound effects ending with some UFO-like buzzes. None for the still variant.
Availability: Appears on Cartoon Network Racing, Ben 10: Protector of Earth, Ben 10: Alien Force and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. The still variant can be seen on CN games for DS like Ed, Edd n Eddy: Scam of the Century and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
5th Logo (October 20, 2009-January 11, 2011)
Logo: A green light moves along the curvy surface, made of numerous round shapes. Then we see the CN logo, where the "C" is full of green electric charge. The charge goes to the whole logo and lights on a green button, which in turn causes the name to appear.
Technique: CGI animation.
Music/Sounds: Entirely background sounds, humming and electric noise.
Availability: Seen on The Secret Saturdays: Beasts of The 5th Sun. Also appears on Ben 10: Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks and Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction.
6th Logo (October 18, 2011-December 13, 2013)
Logo: On a black background, we zoom out to reveal the black background is actually a black square on a white background. As the square zooms out, white pixels form a white "C" on the square. Afterwards black pixels form a black "N" on an invisible white square next to the black square. Another set of pixels form the text "CARTOON NETWORK" below it, revealing the current Cartoon Network logo, then we see many squares switching sides (as if they were blinking) and then forming a rectangular banner with two squares on both sides each and text reading "INTERACTIVE". The logo then ends with a TV power-off effect.
Variant: A still version exists.
Technique: Digitized effects.
Music/Sounds: A synth-like rendition of the 4-note Cartoon Network jingle, followed by a turn-off sound.
Availability: Seen on Cartoon Network games from the early 2010s, such as Ben 10: Galactic Racing, Punch Time Explosion and Generator Rex: Agent of Providence.
Cartoon Network Games
(March 2, 2014-)
This logo contains flashing images at 0:01-0:03.
Logo: On a black background, we see the 2010 version of the Cartoon Network "Checkerboard" logo. Suddenly, the logo folds into a white outline of a circle with white lines around it (which disappear as the outline quickly flashes the colors pink, yellow, and blue), which turns into a white filled-in circle. Then, the circle slides away as the background turns yellow, pink, and blue (the colors quickly slide in from the left). As this happens, the word "GAMES" (with the "A" replaced by a square) is quickly formed letter-by-letter. The colors then slow down to reveal the black background again with "GAMES", being a white outline with no filling, slides into the center. The text "CARTOON NETWORK" in the current corporate font and in white is shown above the "GAMES" text. A white outline of a triangle the appears in the square, spinning around once as its filling flashes pink, yellow, and blue before returning to black.
- On earlier online games, the Cartoon Network "Checkerboard" logo folds into a set of arrow keys, which are all pressed (individually) once before the animation continues as normal. The animation is also a bit slowed down. Later online games use the normal variant, but the animation is still slowed down a bit.
- Starting with The Powerpuff Girls: Flipped Out!, the "CARTOON NETWORK" text is not shown above the "GAMES" text, and instead the current Cartoon Network logo slides up from the text, then slides down a bit causing the "GAMES" text to slide down.
- A still version was spotted on Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations and The Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville (with the latter having the Cartoon Network copyright information at the lower-left side of the screen).
Technique: Fast paced animation.
Music/Sounds: We hear some scratchy synth warbling as the "Checkerboard" logo folds up, then a screechy synth note, which segues into the current Cartoon Network jingle played on a chime-like synth.
- On earlier online games with this logo, various video game sounds are heard, followed by an electronic version of the Cartoon Network jingle.
- Sometimes, it's silent and or the opening theme of the game.
Availability: Current. First appeared on Calling All Mixels and has appeared on every one of Cartoon Network's newer mobile and online games since then.