Bunim/Murray Productions was founded by Mary-Ellis Bunim and Jonathan Murray in 1987, which mainly focused on producing reality shows. In March 2010, it was acquired by the Banijay Group.
1st Logo (May 21, 1992-April 1, 2003)
Logo: On a black marble background, we see a gold plate reading "BUNIM/MURRAY PRODUCTIONS". The logo shines. Sometimes, the "in association with" word or a website URL appear below.
Technique: The shining.
Music/Sounds: None or the closing theme.
Availability: Seen on The Real World, Making The Band, and likely seen on American Families.
2nd Logo (April 25, 2003-November 14, 2011)
Logo: Over a sky background with clouds moving quickly, we see this gold slash zoom out, then the same text reading:
- A widescreen version exists.
- On The Real World and early episodes of The Challenge, the logo is sped-up at first, but then slows down once the text is almost finished zooming out.
- A longer version exists. In this version, we see the cloud background first, Then, a line draws itself from the bottom. Then, an M emerges from the line as it rotates and turns 3D. The M can be seen in the reflection. As the logo rotates, it reveals the word "BUNIM". Then the line tilts into a slash, revealing the rest of the logo and segueing into the rest of the animation. This can be seen on the movie The Real Cancun.
- A short version exists, starting from when the text zooms out.
- A sped-up version of the long version also exists. This can be seen on shows like Starting Over, Dr. Steve-O, season 6 of Project Runway and season 1 of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Starting in 2010 with later episodes of Bad Girls Club (with its spin-off Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too) and The Challenge, the logo flashes into the Banijay Entertainment logo.
Technique: The zooming out of the slash, the clouds moving briefly on the background.
Music/Sounds: A 4-note fanfare, sometimes shorter. Heard on The Simple Life and Living Lohan.
- The long version has a slower 4-note fanfare, accompanied by strings.
- On some shows like earlier episodes of The Challenge and seasons 6 and 7 of Project Runway, a 3-note guitar theme is heard, ending with a cymbal crash on the last note.
- On 2006-2009 episodes of Bad Girls Club, a one-note synth jingle is heard.
- On some shows like Dr. Steve-O and earlier seasons of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, a whoosh sound is heard.
- From 2009 to 2011 on some shows like Bad Girls Club, The Challenge and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, a different synthesized jingle is used. The Challenge didn't use this jingle until 2010, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians didn't use this jingle until 2011. Plus, in the short version of this jingle, you can hear the whoosh sound from above.
- The Banijay version has a quick drumroll for the jingle's transition, followed by a high-pitched version of Banijay's 3-note jingle.
- On Starting Over, it uses the ending theme of the show.
Availability: First debuted on the 2003 movie The Real Cancun. It was then seen on later seasons of The Real World on MTV, the E! reality shows The Simple Life (first 3 seasons aired on Fox), Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Starting Over on local syndication, Living Lohan, and the Oxygen reality show Bad Girls Club.
3rd Logo (October 9, 2011-)
Logo: On a white background, we see the then-current Banijay logo in dark blue zooming out and the name "Bunim/Murray Productions" following it, fading in the process. There is a Banijay Group byline below.
- A long version exists. In this version, just like the other related 2011 Banijay logos, the Banijay "B" logo draws itself out.
- In 2016, the logo was enhanced for 3D (which is now light blue), with the byline now reading "We are Banijay".
Technique: The logo zooming out. The Banijay logo drawing itself for the long version.
Music/Sounds: An electronic screech sound. Basically the same as the other 2011 Banijay logos.
- The long version starts with a strange bass noise with sparkling sounds.
- On the two-part Keeping Up with the Kardashians special "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event", the 2009 version of the previous logo's music is heard.
Availability: It was first seen on the two-part Keeping Up with the Kardashians special "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event". Despite Banijay's recent rebrand, this logo made a surprise appearance on the 2022 revival of Don't Forget the Lyrics!.
4th Logo (March 4-April 8, 2021)
Music/Sounds: The closing theme.
5th Logo (April 29, 2021-)
Logo: On a background resembling a piece of paper, we see a stylized gray "B" and a stylized blue "M". Underneath that is the text "BUNIM MURRAY PRODUCTIONS". One second later, the B and M intersect. The middle section of the B overlaps the middle section of the M, and then in stop-motion, the left section of the M overlaps the bottom-left section of the B. The Banijay logo forms below "BUNIM MURRAY PRODUCTIONS" and then these words fade in, one by one: "We are Banijay".
- On the about section of the Bunim/Murray website under "Our Company", "ENTERTAINMENT" replaces "PRODUCTIONS", and the byline reads "A Banijay Company".
- A warp-speed version exists.
Technique: The B and M intersecting.
Music/Sounds: A three-note piano/string tune with a beat on the final note, the closing theme or none.
Availability: First seen in April 2021 on the home page for Bunim/Murray.