Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films is an Irish production company based in Dublin, Ireland. They produce short animated films and TV series for kids. In August 2015, the company was acquired by Canadian-based subdivisary 9 Story Media Group.
1st Logo (1998)
Logo: On a brown background, a grocery bag filled with water (with a spotlight following it) drops down and slides to the middle of the screen, then does a pose. As this is happening, the water drips out of the bag. Below the logo is a copyright disclaimer in white crediting Brown Bag Films and RTÉ. The water then disappears before the logo ends.
Technique: Digital ink-and-paint animation.
Availability: Rare. Only known to be seen on Why?, which airs on Smile, and can also be found on YouTube.
2nd Logo (October 2001-February 20, 2008)
Logo: In a blue circle, we see the same bag from the last logo, but standing. Another shape is part of it. This text is inside the shape:
B R O W N®
B A G FILMS
- On I'm an Animal, the logo is in-credit.
- On Give Up Yer Aul Sins, the logo is placed on a white background, the bag is black, and there is no shape.
- On Wobbly Land, the logo is seen in the credit alongside HIT Entertainment and Nick Jr.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme.
Availability: Fairly common. Seen on Wobbly Land, Give Up Yer Aul Sins, and I'm an Animal. These can all be seen on YouTube.
3rd Logo (2007-)
Logo: On a white-brown gradient background, a paper plane files on to the center-left side and turns into the bag from the previous logo. At the same time, a brown rectangle with "BROWN® BAG FILMS" in an Impact font on it folds in on the center-right side. "BROWN BAG" is in white, while "FILMS" is in brown on top of a smaller gray rectangle.
- There is a short version which starts with the words flipping in. The logo is bigger here as well.
- On some of their shows and 9 Story-produced shows from them, the logo is still and in-credit. Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum has this on a brown square.
- There is also an animated in-credit variant.
- Starting in 2014, "WE LOVE ANIMATION™" is placed under the logo.
Technique: Cel-shaded CGI.
Music/Sounds: The normal version has light "thunk" sounds followed by children laughing. The short version just has the "thunk" sounds.
- Sometimes, the opening/ending theme plays over the logo.
- On some episodes of Doc McStuffins, the sounds are quieter.
Availability: Common. Can be seen on some of the videos on their YouTube channel.
- The short version is seen on some of their shows such as Henry Hugglemonster, Doc McStuffins, and others.
- The in-credit still version can be found on many shows, such as Bing and Octonauts which are both on CBeebies, Peter Rabbit and Nella the Princess Knight, which are both on Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon, Vampirina on Disney Junior, The Stinky & Dirty Show on Amazon Prime, and Chico Bon Bon: Monkey with a Toolbelt on Netflix, as well as 9 Story-produced shows from the company such as Rosie's Rules, Let's Go Luna! and the Nickelodeon/Nick Jr. series, Blue's Clues & You!.