Blue Tongue Entertainment
Blue Tongue Entertainment was founded in 1995 in Melbourne, Australia. It was acquired by THQ in 2004 and worked until 2011, when THQ announced their internal restructuring and closed this studio, among others. The company didn't use a logo until 2000.
1st Logo (October 28, 2000-February 22, 2011; April 27, 2017)
Logo: Just the two-color word "bluetongue" in Arial in front of an black background.
- Sometimes, the black and white colors would be inverted.
- A animated variant has the logo shining brightly before dying down.
- Most games have unique variants:
- Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy: The logo is seen amongst a cloudy blue sky, slightly moving about the whole time. A green Bug alien from the game hovers down and lands on the word, looks around before roaring twice, and then flying back off it.
- Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis: The logo starts off with the blue eye of an dinosaur looking around and blinking, with leaves surrounding it and out of focus. A few leaves drop out of view and sway in front of the camera as it focuses on them. One of the leaves has the Blue Tounge logo on it and a drop of dew lands on it.
- Barnyard: Passing through a grassy field, Otis rides around on a red bicycle, which is followed by a shot of him doing a wheelie, and then him doing a headstand on the seat. However, he notices something to his right as he crashes into the Blue Tounge logo and bounces about before landing on the "ngue" part. The camera then pans out to reveal the whole word while Otis starts to recover....but the bike then falls on top of his head, knocking him out. It then fades to the standard logo.
- De Blob and De Blob 2 (PS3 and X360 version): We see an inky cleaning the logo, surrounded by ladders, a water can and other instruments. Then Blob jumps around and smashes everything to the large blue spot covering the first part of the logo.
- The pre-production trailer for De Blob has the normal variant zooming out and vibrating.
Technique: Depends on the variant. None for the still version.
Music/Sounds: Depends on the variant:
- Still variant: None.
- Animated variant: A thunder noise.
- Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy: A heavenly chorus along with the roars of the Bug.
- Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis: Jungle ambience and the sounds of the dinosaur breathing.
- Barnyard: The sounds of Otis and the bike, along with a drum solo playing throughout the beginning and end.
- De Blob: Various sound effects followed by a drum solo.
Availability: Seen on the games listed above and others, including The Polar Express, and a few Nicktoons Unite! games.
Legacy: Fans of De Blob and Nicktoons Unite! will recognize this logo.
2nd Logo (October 20, 2009; February 22, 2011)
Logo: The logo fades in, showing a blue-tongued lizard next to the name written in the same font as the 1st logo, but in cyan and dark blue. The logo slowly zooms out.
Variant: On the Nintendo DS port of De Blob 2, the name is arranged like in the 1st logo on a black background.
Technique: The zoom-out.
Music/Sounds: A whoosh on fading in.
Availability: Uncommon. It was used on the Wii version of Marvel Super Hero Squad and the Wii and NDS versions of De Blob 2.