Bell-Phillip Television Productions, Inc.
Bell Dramatic Serial Company (also known as "Bell-Phillip Television Productions, Inc." on The Bold and the Beautiful) was originally formed in 1973 by William J. Bell and his wife Lee Phillip Bell to produce The Young and the Restless, the soap opera they created. Since 1987, the company has also produced The Bold and the Beautiful, a sister series to The Young and the Restless also created by the Bells.
1st Logo (March 23, 1987- )
Logo: On the closing credits of The Bold and the Beautiful, we see the text:
BELL-PHILLIP TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS, INC.
in a Huxley Vertical font.
- The first variant of the end credits (1987-1992) had the credits on a black background.
- Starting in 1992, different backdrops (of at least one setting from the particular episode featuring the credits) would be used for the end credits. Furthermore, the credit appears twice, immediately preceding and following the credit for CBS Television City. The first appearance has a copyright stamp, the second does not.
- Starting circa 1998, the URL www.cbs.com appears below the credit on both appearances. This was changed to www.boldandbeautiful.com starting in 2006.
- In extremely rare cases, the credit is in the corner of the screen.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of The Bold and the Beautiful. We sometimes also hear an announcer's closing announcements, such as "Join us again for The Bold and the Beautiful." From 1999-2002 on CBS, the music from the 3rd logo is heard since CBS began using generic split-screen credits on daytime programming on September 20, 1999.
Availability: Seen on international airings of The Bold and the Beautiful, and on episodes posted at CBS.com. This was also seen on CBS airings until 2002, when CBS began using the 3rd logo. This is also not seen on current Network 10 airings, as post-2012 episodes on said channel omit this and the credits, going straight to the BBL Distribution logo.
2nd Logo (2002-2003)
Logo: On a dark gray background with a teal "X", we see the name "BELL" in the same font like the first logo in white and next to it has "DRAMATIC SERIAL COMPANY" stacked. The logo shines.
Technique: The shining wipe effect.
Music/Sounds: A three-note lighthouse bell, with some ocean sounds.
Availability: Extinct. It appeared only on The Young and the Restless.
3rd Logo (2002-)
Logo: On a CGI dark cloudy sky background with clouds moving, we see a beam of light, revealing the word "BELL" in a similar font (Huxley Vertical) to the 1st and 2nd logos. Under it is:
- BELL DRAMATIC SERIAL COMPANY (used on The Young and the Restless airings in all countries since 2003)
- BELL-PHILLIP TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS INC. (used on The Bold and the Beautiful airings in the USA since 2002)
Technique: The name "BELL" turning, the shining light effect.
Music/Sounds: On The Young and the Restless, the same music used from last logo is heard. On The Bold and the Beautiful, it's the show's theme from 1987-2004, but brief (since CBS uses generic split-screen credits) and higher pitched.
Availability: Current. It used to be seen on pre-2019 airings of The Bold and the Beautiful, but now it only appears on The Young and the Restless as of 2019. The Bold and the Beautiful uses the newer logo below. Due to the fact that the 2019 logo will be shown on airings of The Young and the Restless, the logo's days will be numbered.
4th Logo (2019-)
Logo: Same as the the 3rd logo, but with an updated, brighter cloudy sky background (a la Warner Bros. Pictures and Media Asia Group), with "BELL-PHILLIP TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS, INC." in a condensed, irregular font below the name "BELL" in Huxley Vertical, as before.
Technique: Same as the 3rd logo.
Music/Sounds: The saxophone riff based on the theme from The Bold and the Beautiful, which used between 1987 and 2004.
Availability: Current. Appears on CBS airings of The Bold and the Beautiful.