Bazal Productions was originally formed in 1987 as an independent production company by former BBC executive Peter Bazalgette, following his success of Food and Drink. The company was acquired by Guardian Media Group in 1990, who then sold a majority interest to Endemol in 1998, who then bought the remaining shares in 2000 and rebranded it in 2001 under the Endemol name following a corporate makeover.
Guardian Media Group also operated a subsidiary Bazal Midlands (originally Lomond Productions) as a satellite studio operating within Bazal.
1st Logo (1988-1989)
Logo: Over the last scene of the show, we see the text "A Bazal Production", with a blue line below it and a credit for BBC Television with the 1971 BBC logo and a copyright date, on a black rectangle.
Technique: The fading in.
Availability: Seen on episodes of Food and Drink from the time.
2nd Logo (1989-1997)
Logo: On a black background, a blue line wipes in from the screen. The word "BAZAL PRODUCTIONS" folds in from the screen, and then a line draws in below the logo. Extra credit (including the 1988 BBC logo) fades in below the logo.
Byline: Starting in 1992, the byline "a Broadcast Communications company" fades in below the logo.
- In its early years, the text says "A BAZAL PRODUCTION".
- In 1997, the logo was slightly revised. Here, the text only says "BAZAL".
Technique: 2D animation.
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show.
Availability: Seen intact on Bazal's programmes in the 1990s, most notably Ready, Steady, Cook, Ground Force, Changing Rooms and Food and Drink, respectively.
3rd Logo (1997-2001)
Logo: On a black background, we see the word "BAZAL fold in from the screen with the line from before. The byline and some credit fades in below the logo.
- 1997-1998: "a Broadcast Communications company"
- 1998-2000: "part of GMG Endemol Entertainment (plc)"
- 2000-2001: "part of Endemol Entertainment UK (plc)"
- On shows produced by its Midlands and North divisions, either the text "MIDLANDS" or "NORTH" fades in below the logo.
- Sometimes, the logo is still.
- On some shows, like Big Brother, the logo is in-credit.
- Sometimes, this logo also shares the screen with the other logos including the 1988 and 1997 BBC and 1999 Carlton logos.
Technique: 2D animation.
- Seen on later Bazal shows from the era, like Pet Rescue, Changing Rooms, Food and Drink, Ready Steady Cook and Ground Force, respectively.
- It was also seen on early episodes of the UK version of Big Brother as well.