Astley Baker Davies
Astley Baker Davies is a British animation company who produced the popular childrens' series Peppa Pig. The company also produces Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom and The Big Knights. It was founded by Neville Astley, Mark Baker and Phil Davies in January 1994. In 2015, they were acquired by Entertainment One.
(2002, May 31, 2004- )
Logo: On a black background, we see an oval with sphere and upside-down triangle shape inside. The oval spins a bit, while the circled words "ASTLEY・BAKER・DAVIES" appear, and the oval stops spinning.
- There is an in-credit variant.
- A still version of this logo exists.
- A variant with this logo (in black) in a grey rectangle with oval spinning is seen on the companies' website.
- On Peppa Pig: My First Cinema Experience, the eOne logo spins to reveal the Astley Baker Davies logo. This variant takes place on a light blue background.
- On Nickelodeon airings of Peppa Pig, the logo has a shadow.
- On the Peppa Pig pitch pilot from 2002, there is a prototype variant where the text is on the bottom with a different font, and a website URL is seen.
- On current prints of The Big Knights, the sphere and upside-down triangle shape are replaced with silhouettes of Sir Morris and Sir Boris' helmets, and the text is replaced with "THE・BIG・KNIGHTS・LTD".
Technique: The spinning and the words appearing. Simple animation.
Music/Sounds: Squeaking chair/door sounds when the oval spins, and a click when it stops spinning. Otherwise, the ending theme or none.
Music/Sounds Variant: On the 2002 pilot of Peppa Pig, the sounds are heard at the same time as the titular character's laugh.
Availability: Common. The in-credit version appears on Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom and Peppa Pig. The animated version can be spotted on DVDs of aforementioned shows, such as the 2009 remaster of The Big Knights. The previously mentioned 2009 remaster contains the still logo at the end of episodes, but other versions (including the original airings) use the BBC Worldwide logo.