Ambrosio Film was a film production and distribution company that was established in Turin in 1906 by Arturo Ambrosio, Giovanni Vitrotti, and Robert Omegna. Initially, their slate consisted of documentaries and short films but quickly became more successful with their historial epics such as The Last Days of Pompeii, which set a trend in the Italian film industry and enhanced Ambrosio's status. The company would remain a leading producer during the 1910s, but was largely affected by the aftermath of World War I. Ambrosio himself would sell his share in the studio to Armando Zanotto. Finally, in 1924, Ambrosio Film was liquidated.
Logo: The warped, cursive word "Ambrosio" is tilted upwards whereas the words "MARCA DEPOSITATA" is seen underneath it. Both text are inside a circle and a tube with a pointy bottom respectively.
Later Variant: Inside a red border, the company name is tilted at a lower angle, has a bigger horizontal bulge on the left, and the underline is more curvy. Arcing text is added on top of the circle and the tube now contains "TORINO". The last difference include the removal of the pointy bottom.
- Similar with other logos at the time, the logo can be seen in different hues, whether it'd be blue, green, or red.
- Sometimes, we can see a non-colored section of the logo on the bottom, indicating that the background fill stops there.
Availability: Extremely rare.
- Like with many companies during the silent era, Ambrosio's films have been destroyed, re-edited, or lost over the past several decades. However, several preserved Dutch and Eyefilm prints retain this logo.
- The normal variant where the logo is in white can be seen on Butalin spazzacamino per amore, Butalin troppo onesto, Robinet troppo amato da sua moglie, and Robinet innamorato di una chanteuse, among others.
- The blue tint variant was seen on Madamigella Robinet albeit with the non-colored section sticking out, Nelly la domatrice, and Robinet pescatore.
- One film that has the logo in green is Tripoli. The red tint variant was so far only seen on Nozze d'oro.
- The later variant can be seen on Il Fauno.