AVID:Requests for Comment/Optimise Wiki on Mobile
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- Closing as passed. HibiscusCrown20 (talk) 16:08, 13 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Should we optimise the wiki so that it runs better on mobile? On mobile, It loads very slowly and larger pages such as Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment crash when loading on mobile. Sickminecraft45 (talk) 10:29, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Of. Course. I want to be able to actually read and edit larger pages on my iPhone. · Talk · Edits 11:09, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support (The Third Place) 11:13, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support in the world Compooper 11:38, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Support Not sure about the crashing part (since it doesn't really crash for me), but I'm in. Doctorine Dark (talk) 13:26, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Sound's good. (• USER TALK! •) 16:33, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support I exclusively edit the wiki on mobile, and I can confirm that even reading (not even editing) the MTV IDs page crashes my phone every single time, and that I would have done far more edits on Nickelodeon IDs if not for the times doing so without crashing being few and far between (said page never loads videos for me, or any pictures beyond the Silver Ball era). AlmightyKingPrawn (talk) 04:44, 5 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Indeed, I agree with this. Because it will make a lot of sense than ever. Nattasorn · Talk · Edits 09:31, 9 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Agreed because on my iPad Pro, long pages on this wiki don't crash, but cause my other Safari tabs to auto-reload and it's annoying. EsaïeGregoryPrickett (talk) 23:11, 9 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support Since this is one major issue for me, I favor ratification of this proposal. ∞~𝙄𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮-𝙍𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙨~∞ (꧁𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙋𝙖𝙜𝙚꧂) | (꧁𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙨꧂) 12:55, 12 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Comment: great idea, not sure how it could be implemented. (name change coming soon) 10:32, 4 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Comment: Pursuant with the above I think this is a fine idea but it's not necessarily useful to have in RFC form. Instead there should be specific suggestions how to improve the behavior on mobile. If the suggestions are clearly a benefit then they should be executed with no need for this process. There is little room where improving mobile would constitute a change large enough to solicit community consensus for. And just for example accounting for votes above, if a page actually crashes for you on mobile, that's not really in the bounds of what local admins can handle. That sounds like your mobile browser can't handle the editing. At best the actual runtime and layout of the page is optimized, or mobile-exclusive skins are tested for better performance to more people. Crashes may also be caused by there simply being too much on the page at which point you aren't asking for better mobile performance, you're asking for the pages to be more performance friendly in general. Once you get into fundamental changes you can consider an RfC since that would constitute a substantial change. --Raidarr (talk) 19:36, 7 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.