AVID:Requests for Comment
Welcome to AVID's Requests for Comment page.
Requests for Comment (RfCs) are a way to gather community feedback and consensus on certain proposals, ideas, and issues which require the community's approval and assent in order to be applied. As part of the new, more transparent and community-led direction the wiki is taking after our change of leadership, we have created a dedicated page for RfCs (with help from Miraheze's stewards) where users may submit proposals that the wiki community may vote on.
RFCs should be opened about matters concerning the wiki as a whole, such as policy changes, enabling and disabling extensions, and features and ideas which would have significant effect on the wiki as a whole. Do not use this page to start discussions on page-specific matters, such as merges, splits, single category renames or deletions, except where a dispute pertaining to a single page is so significant that discussion on the article talk page has failed to effectively resolve it.
To submit a new proposal, enter a page title for the proposal that you are planning to submit in the text box below and click the "New Proposal" button. From there, enter the title of your proposal in the Title field and, in the text box below, type out what your proposal is about and what it'll aim to do once passed. Make sure to be as clear and concise as possible with the details of your proposal so that the community will know what exactly they will be voting on. When you are ready to submit your proposal, click "Add topic". Upon creating your proposal, please wait a few minutes while site staff manually add it. You may notify an administrator regarding this.
- Fix the logo's problem on the Vector and the Monobook skins
- Define "POV" in removing Legacy sections
- Summarization section
- Is it time to remove the FX/SFX Section?
- Outlaw section removal RFCs
- Visual tracking categories + add guidelines for creating tracking categories
- Merge 1991 and 2014 BBC Two idents
- Print Logo Wiki
- Remove Trivia section
- Update the banner of the Cologne Blue theme
- Incorporate official names into the heading
- Change sitewide font
- New/Update Block Meter
- Prohibit mention of personal uploads in Availability section
- Scary Logos Section
- Merge 2001 and 2003 WBTV Logos
- Proposed guidelines for controversial, sexual and graphic content
- Add a "Draft at" template on nonexistent pages that are already created in draftspace
- Clearer guidelines for merging pages
- Removing Nicknames Section and Reconstructing Availability section
- Merge MVC and TCSHE pages
- remove admit one video presentations page
- Newly registered users can only create pages in the draft space
- Define appropriate use for Requests for Comment
- A new Featured Image Template
- Remove Translations feature
- Decorate the main page for certain events
- Add "Buena Vista Home Entertainment Clip-On Library"
- Further enforce policies for captures that have been on AVID for many years however have no known source where they came from
- Rewrite "About AVID"
- Separate 1953 and 1956 TCF logos
- Merge the 1st and 2nd Gracie Films logos (alongside other logos nearly identical in appearance)
- Rules reform - Remove the "No Stealing Content" rule.
- tidying up the section list
- Defining a system for Featured Images
- Country categories name change
- A Memorial Template
- Rules reform
- Rebranding proposals
- Rebranding the wiki
- Deciding our new leadership structure
- Moving forward (part 1): New leadership
- Future of the BoD