Moderator is the lowest tier of site staff. However, they do have access to a few additional powers to combat vandalism.
Here is a list of moderators on AVID:
|Activity||Moderator since||Permissions||Country||Local time|
|EternityMediaGroup (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||1 March 2023||Moderator||Australia||4:00 AM|
|Luke2505 (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||1 March 2023||Moderator||United Kingdom||6:00 PM|
|Nova (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||1 March 2023||Moderator||United States||1:00 PM|
|FryLetterman (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||2 April 2023||Moderator||United States||12:00 PM|
|Tabit (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||12 May 2023||Moderator||Philippines||2:00 AM|
|Trevor807 (talk · contribs · editcount · logs · block log · rights log)||Fully Active||12 May 2023||Moderator||United States||1:00 PM|
Moderators may do the following:
- Block users for up to 2 months. They are not allowed, however, to revoke talk page access, so all users can appeal their ban. In the case of a sockpuppet or vandal, a Moderator can exercise a 2-month block to stop the sock from vandalising the site, and then an Admin or Bureaucrat can follow up with a more permanent block.
- Issue warnings (including strong warnings).
- Restore and delete pages and files.
Appointment and revocation
- You must have at least 250 edits and they must be in good faith. (Edits prior to May 2020 on the former CLG Wiki website are counted towards this threshold)
- You must not have been strongly warned within the last 3 months or tempblocked within the last 6 months.
- You should show a keen interest in the site and willingness to get involved with the community.
- You should show evidence of helping out the Admin team in the past. This includes reporting users and alerting Admins, but it does not require you to have done any rollbacks in the past.
- Actions users have taken on the Wiki's official Discord server will also be taken into account when considering users for Moderator.
To request to become a moderator, please go to AVID:Requests for Permissions.
Once a vote is open, it must remain open for a minimum of 1 month and achieve a 70% support ratio in order for it to be called as successful.
- By precedent and convention, moderators may have their rights revoked by a simple majority vote which takes place in the Requests for Revocation section of the Requests for Permissions page.
- A light infringement of the rules severe enough to warrant a temporary demotion will have their demotion period determined by a Bureaucrat
- Users permanently demoted will not be able to apply for Moderator again for 3 months. They will not be allowed to apply for Admin until they have proved themselves again as Moderators.