ABC Productions was another television production company of Capital Cities/ABC (now ABC, Inc.) reincorporated in 1987 from ABC Circle Films, the TV division of the ABC Television Network.
(December 6, 1988-2001)
Nicknames: "ABC Sunburst", "ABC Sunrise"
Logo: On a black background, we see a bright light with the word "productions" in the ABC "tube" font zooming out. The ABC logo, cut in half, rises from the light and shines brighter, zooming out with "productions" below.
- The logo can be filmed or videotaped.
- On America's Funniest Home Videos, there's an ABC copyright stamp "(C) [YEAR] American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved", which fades-in below in orange. From 1993 onwards, the text had a white shadow lettering.
FX/SFX: The "ABC productions" text zooming. Sometimes, the logo is shortened or is still.
- 1988-1995: An ethereal synth choir fanfare. There is also a low tone version seen on the TV movie My Name is Kate.
- 1991-2001: A cheerful synth piano tune. It existed in long and short versions.
- Sometimes, the closing theme is played, or none.
- This can be found on My So-Called Life and The Commish (although the latter series is owned by the Cannell Studios and Shout! Factory), as well as the final season of Moonlighting.
- It can also be seen (albeit silent) on WGN America's reruns of the Fugelsang/Fuentes era of America's Funniest Home Videos.
- The syndication variant last appeared on the Bob Saget version of AFHV, which was last seen on Nick at Nite in 2007.
- This also appeared after the Bob Myer Productions logo on the short-lived sitcoms Joe's Life and Me and the Boys.
- Some TV movies from the time period reran on networks like Lifetime or LMN may keep this.
Editor's Note: None.